Official TDF Programme DVD

berliner
berliner Posts: 340
edited July 2010 in The bottom bracket
Supposed to include 2009 highlights and 2010 Stage by Stage. Only has the Pyrenees bit.

Quelle swizz

Comments

• rob_spedding
    rob_spedding Posts: 442
    Berliner (and anyone else) please email daisy.pratt@futurenet.com regards the DVD issue.

All the best

Rob
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • topcattim
    topcattim Posts: 766
    Berliner, good on you for raising this. Mine didn't work either and I got distracted rather than follow it through. I shall now contact Daisy Pratt as Rob suggests.
  • topcattim
    Well, full marks to the C+ team for a speedy response. I had a reply from Daisy Pratt within a few minutes of my email

Zero marks however, for the nature of the response.
    Our publisher would like to write you a letter with an explanation and an apology for the inconvience you suffered.

I have however suggested that I would have preferred (and would still prefer) a DVD as described, rather than an apology! I believe that under the Sale of Goods Act I am entitled to a refund since the product did not "conform to contract".
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    what the rest of it like ? worth the £9.99 ?
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
  • scrumpydave
    scrumpydave Posts: 143
    I had the same problem. I bought the magazine on the strength of the 2009 highlights DVD and was very disappointed when all I got was a the Pyrenees programme. And to answer northernneil - no, nowhere near.

Anyone had any more luck with this?
    Riding the Etape du Tour for Beating Bowel Cancer - click to donate http://bit.ly/P9eBbM
  • topcattim
    I had a clever answer from the brand marketing person:
    The DVD is not actually faulty the problem lies in the box for the DVD which advertises more content than is actually on the disc itself - (the disc does contains all the content we meant it to). There has just been a mix up at the suppliers who printed the DVD incorrectly, suggesting there was 3 items on the disc rather than the 1 item we instructed them to print.
    All I can say is that in my line of business, I wouldn't and don't treat my customers like this. I can't be bothered to pursue this, but it does remind me why I cancelled my subscription a while agol

Having said all that, I have to disagree with scrumpydave's answer to northerneil's question

Actually, I quite like the programme and associated stuff. Sad man that I am, I now have on my wall that iconic picture of Anquetil & Poulidor going at it shoulder to shoulder. I also like the brochure/programme with detailed routes and elevation charts. And the background information on the teams is good too - all of this will help me enjoy the Tour that bit more. So I reckon it was worth the £9.99. Just a shame that this price didn't buy me all that they said it would.
  • berliner
    Yeah - it's a good product all round really. I have a couple of old bordered frames so the prints look class. (would have paid a tenner for them framed anyway.)
    I do like a bit of black and white tour photos.
    Most videos are on Steephill anyway.
  • berliner
    Yeah - it's a good product all round really. I have a couple of old bordered frames so the prints look class. (would have paid a tenner for them framed anyway.)
    I do like a bit of black and white tour photos.
    Most videos are on Steephill anyway.
  • scrumpydave
    scrumpydave Posts: 143
    Just to clarify my position here I only bought the bumper TDF pack for the 2009 highlights DVD and to my mind the rest of the package is OK but not worth a tenner. Despite this the Pantani picture looks great in my garage!
    Riding the Etape du Tour for Beating Bowel Cancer - click to donate http://bit.ly/P9eBbM
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    I just don't understand shifty inhuman corporate apologies like the one quoted above. The customer doesn't care whose fault it is in the supply chain, nor what the intentions of the other party were. They just feel cheated.

We all make mistakes (as the Dalek said, climbing off the dustbin :D )

What harm is done by saying "we messed up, send it all back and we'll give you a refund." Surely that is a better approach in the long term. It is very rarely about the money, it is about trust and goodwill, which takes years to develop and seconds to destroy.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    The missing material can be found here

2009 review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=1dhPZruTxqQ

2010 route in 3D:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=N4nJwtk ... re=channel[/quote]