on one inbred or 456?

lee96
lee96 Posts: 164
edited June 2010 in MTB buying advice
hi guys,
looking to buy a new frame and i like the look and price of the on one frames, but not sure witch to go for?
the forks will be marzocchi 44 tst2 air so fork length says 456,
but then i prefer the inbred because of the black or white option?
would the extra 40 mm of fork length effect much on the inbred?

all responses appreciated

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    An inbred would handle a 44 (i'm assuming 120mm?), though the 456 is better built for them, i assume the head angle will be slacker on a 456 and it will be a little heavier too. Your call.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lee96
    yea they are 120 mm not 140, but i like the idea of a white or black frame, and both of these colours i have only found on the inbred
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    The Inbred will handle it (upto 130mm travel) but the 456 will probably ride better sicne the Inbred rides best with a 100mm travel fork
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    This is really down to what style of riding you want to do, Not aesthetics.

I appreciate if your commited to a certain fork for your build that you already have this may influence you and your budget.

the 456 obviously runs 4 inch 5 inch and 6 inch forks and the geometry is all set to work well with this.

If you want to run and feel the full benefit of a 140mm fork then you obviously want to take on some bigger all mountain style riding and the 456 is a better choice for this than the inbred ( which is still a very capable frame)

Get the right frame for the job and fork its not about colour schemes. You can get a 456 in Lemon Meringue which IMO I think looks even better than the current trend for white bikes.

But if it isnt the right set up for your riding then It doensnt matter what it looks like. Ride comes first.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Frame to suit your riding, but based on your forks the 456 is a better bet, neither rides particularly nicely at 120mm, but i'd rather have a twitchy front ended 456 run with firm forks than a sloppy handling inbred with soft ones. The inbred rides like $hite with >100mm forks in my experience, but is sweet at 100mm
  • bertberr
    bertberr Posts: 151
    I can't quite understand On-One's policy on frame colour options. I know that colour shouldn't be at the top of the list of priorities, but then again on a custom build, part of the attraction is 'building' your perfect (or as near as you can get for the budget) bike... and as such I'd have thought a wide colour choice on a 'frame only' should be high on any manufacturers agenda, more so than on complete bikes.

On-One currently only offer a rather staid blue or the more unusual brown or pink on the 456, which of course to some will be perfect, but I bet it puts more people off than it attracts. I like the lemon meringue too, but you can't get it on the standard 456, only the 456 summer season with the slacker head angle.

Just think sometimes that On-One would do well to offer at least one fashion colour (say white) and one classic colour (say black) on every frame, at least then theres a little more choice if you don't dig pink or brown :shock:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    It's whatever paint they can get cheap...
  • lee96
    thanks alot guys, kinda like the look of the orange and lime green 456 so maybe that will sway me towards it more,