Comfortable saddle?

julianhj
julianhj Posts: 27
edited June 2010 in MTB buying advice
I've dusted off my old Scott Comp Racing ('98 model I think), had it serviced and I've started using it again. The saddle is rock hard, and I'm not getting on with it. Can anyone recommend a decent comfortable alternative? I use padded shorts, but that is not enough!

Comments

• hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Urghhh.. The usuall 2 candidates;

Charge Spoon (my choice)
    SG Bel Air

Buy either.If you dont like them, they will generally sell for nearly full price again to someone. They are that popular.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Charge spoon here, cro-mo rail option (only pence dearer than base but worth the weight saving!)

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I recently had to buy a new saddle after my old and well loved SDG Bel Air split at the stitching.

I was a bit short of cash so bought the cheapest half decent saddle I could find On-One Big Nose Saddle £15 delivered. Quite by accident I think I might have discovered the comfiest saddle I have ever plonked my backside on.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    wtb shadow v pro:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=25678

I can't believe how comfy it is.

I was happy with my prologo, but the is streets ahead! and a bargain too!