What hardcore all mountain/enduro bike?

mattsmirf
mattsmirf Posts: 14
edited June 2010 in MTB buying advice
I have a giant faith which is great for freeride and the odd dh but im starting to move away from the burly rigs and im looking at lighter, shorter travel rigs that are burly but sprightly too, basically an "enduro dh" bike. Money isnt really an issue so what bike would you guys recommend?

So far im looking at the Santacruz Nomad Carbon, Specialized Enduro or the Yeti AS-R 7. these are all top bikes but what would you guys recommend? Also have i missed any other top rides?

thanks a bunch

Comments

• Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    I envy you sooo bad ("money is no issue" - drools...). I have a spicy 516 with lots of upgrades love it! Guy in my LBS has the 916, he loves his - pretty much everyone one who owns one loves em. More tha light enough to keep up with lighter trail bikes and you'll definetely be passing them when things level off and head down.

I'd say your shortlist to go and arrange test rides on would be: (for this money test ride all of them - mega bucks wasted to find it doesnt suit you...)

(in no particular order:)

Carbon Nomad
    Lapierre Spicy 916
    Scott Genius (if you like gadgets)
    Orange Alpine 160 (with top drawer spec list)
    Spesh Enduro S-Works

(the yeti may not be burly enough for you in comparison with the above bikes but its an awesome light trail bike by all accounts)

Happy shopping!
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Carbon Remedy mebbe?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    ibis mojo HD as ridden by brian lopes, stunning bike
  • mattsmirf
    mattsmirf Posts: 14
    thanks guys! @ Tom Barton, I've just been checking out the new Scott range. Depending on when I buy my new bike I think I'll either go with this years Ransom 10, although the new Genius LT looks worth the wait!
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    lawman wrote:

+1
    its my money no object self build bike.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    biff55 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

+1
    its my money no object self build bike.

yer im getting a mojo around december time, rode one at demo a few weeks back and it blew everything away. never touched the propedal, it felt mega stiff and was lighter than helium :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Marin Attack Trail or Quake :D

Also, Ibis Mojo, niiiice machines. The GT Force Carbon would be top of my "money no object" list as well.
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    scott genius lt 185- 185mm travel, but less than 30 lbs
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    185 is still a hell of a lot of travel though, he mentioned shorter travel rigs.
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Take a look at the new Mondrakers...the Prayer is a belter...slightly less travel the Dune and the Foxy...all stunning looking bikes
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    hmm - I forgot the ibis (kicks self) - also amazing bikes. Again probably gonna go down to test ride impresssions :-)