please can somebody find me a 185mm rotor for under £20 thanks

Comments

• coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    they dont come in 185mm ive already looked there
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Look on ebay.

You will be hard stretched to find a brand new rotor for that, never mind an odd size like 185mm.

What are the brakes and why do you need this size?
  • coxy17
    avid elixir r they come with 185mm center lock but i need 6 bolt there a few one ebay but i need to order them today so i can get my bike ready for the weekend
  • peter413
    You just need an adaptor then I think.

Try looking around, I'm sure there will be a six bolt to centrelock adaptor somewhere
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    I've not seen any centrelock rotor to 6 bolt hub adaptors about- I'm not even sure it would work...

Happy to be proved wrong though!
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • peter413
    I haven't seen any either but there are so many other adaptors out there...

Otherwise just save up the extra tenner or whatever for the Avid rotors or something else
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    peter413 wrote:
    I haven't seen any either but there are so many other adaptors out there...

Otherwise just save up the extra tenner or whatever for the Avid rotors or something else

and that is because there are none, it dont work that way.

wrong way round.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    coxy17 wrote:
    please can somebody find me a 185mm rotor for under £20 thanks

if you cant find one why not look at it another way.

a new 180 adaptor and a 180 disc.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • coxy17
    you cant get 180mm adaptor either
  • nicklouse
    yes you can there are shed loads. you do not need to have an Avid one.
  • coxy17
    can u find me one please i dont really know what im looking for
  • nicklouse
    what are to attaching the caliper to?
  • coxy17
    rock shox recons and gt avalnche
  • nicklouse
    and .... the problem is

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Sear ... arch=180mm

does your bike not already have 180mm rotors on it with post mount brakes? use them.
  • coxy17
    i though all adaptors where different to the brake they were being used so one one adaptor would fit one brake
  • nicklouse
    well as all Post mount Brakes need to fit the Post mount standard the adaptors have to be the same in the mounting positions. yes some have issues with some clearance to caliper bodies. but 995 are fine.

so try what you have now and then see what you really need to buy.

if you have 180 F and R and they are post mount you should not need to buy anything.
  • coxy17
    i need a rear 180mm adaptor as i dont have one
  • nicklouse
    already linked above. the bottom one for example.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You are quite right to be confused - Avid do use 185mm rotors, which are only by them and some old hope discs I believe. You have 2 easy choices (plus no doubt a plethora of maddeningly hard ones) - get a 180 rotor and new mount, or a 203mm rotor and new mount. Obviously 203mm will be heavier but have more power, your choice really. Some forks won't take a 203mm either, but I think you should be ok.

CRC have a good stock of IS/PM and PM/PM adaptors for 180mm, and for 203mm too. Superstar do excellent value rotors from under a tenner, so all in all you can do the lot for less than your £20 price point.

Good luck!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • coxy17
    i have ordered some xt brakes instead as they were no so confusing and cheaper