2009 Rocky Mountain Altitude 50

Snelly
Snelly Posts: 140
edited June 2010 in MTB buying advice
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/roc ... 1#features

Hello All,

i am thinking of buying one of these for my wife. Does anyone have any experience of the bike or useful comments on the specification? Worth getting do you think? It will mostly be used for XC stuff across the South Downs.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Snelly.
Fortes fortuna adiuvat.

Comments

• nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Hiya. I've always liked RM although nearly 30lbs worth of FS bike for a lady just to ride on the South Downs sounds a bit extreme.
  • Snelly
    Thanks for that. I am more interested in the bike than opinions of the riding the South Downs offers or how my wife might cope though! I am pretty knowledgable on these subjects already... :D
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat.
  • Snelly
    No you're probably right. You know best.
    Fortes fortuna adiuvat.
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    Its a decent bike/spec/price. Chap from work nearly bought one cos it was such a good deal, but didn't like the feel of it when he chucked a leg over one so opted for a Trek EX7.

I think they're are more suitable, more XC bikes out there though...
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Snelly wrote:
    No you're probably right. You know best.

Cheers.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    i have one and i love it. the straight up geometry i had initially thought to be just a marketing gimmick but it really seems to work, climbs great - particularly for a 140mm fs bike.

however bike fit varies so much from person to person she'd be better off sitting on one than getting one for what spec it has.