Did Campag Chorus have Shifter and Brake Caliper bearings?

miurasv
miurasv Posts: 345
edited May 2010 in Road buying advice
Campagnolo use bushes in the Shifters and Brake Calipers of Chorus11 Speed but I thought they used to use ball bearings as in Record??? Is this correct or have they always had bushes in Chorus? If they have changed from ball bearings to bushes do you think their longevity will be compromised? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    According to Campag tech specifications documents for the 10 speed components, as of 2008, Record Skeleton brake Calipers had ball bearings, but they make NO mention of ball bearings in the spec for the corresponding Chorus calipers.

See here.

http://www.campagnolo.com/repository/documenti/en/SpecsGroupEN_08.pdf
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    when they went to 11 speed they downgraded the spec of the gruppos- e.g.11 speed record doesnt have the same amount of titanium as 10 speed did-the titanium is all in super record now

10 speed chorus is roughly equivalent in build spec to 11 speed record these days
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • miurasv
    miurasv Posts: 345
    Thanks for your replies. So is 11 speed Chorus about the same build quality as Centaur now then?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    miurasv wrote:
    Thanks for your replies. So is 11 speed Chorus about the same build quality as Centaur now then?

The spec in the 2009 catalogue for Chorus and Centaur comes up with no technical differences for either calipers or shifters that I could find. There is a supposed weight difference between the calipers but lever weights are listed as identical.
    when they went to 11 speed they downgraded the spec of the gruppos- e.g.11 speed record doesnt have the same amount of titanium as 10 speed did-the titanium is all in super record now

10 speed chorus is roughly equivalent in build spec to 11 speed record these days

So the free upgrade I got on my new bike from 2010 Centaur to 10 speed Record front and rear mechs looks a pretty good deal!!
    Faster than a tent.......