recommendations for cold weather clothing

top_bhoy
top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
Its now getting chilly here in this part of Oz, particularly in the evenings when it is dark. I normally just wear baggy type shorts and t-shirts for general cycling and for in/out city centre. Any tips/recommendations for cold weather, general cycling, clothing.

I'm not looking for the cheapest options, nor am I looking to take out a 2nd mortgage. I have some Giordana Tenax shorts for use on the road bike which I like and that would be the area I'd be looking to pitch at cost/quality wise.

Cheers

Comments

• captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Bibshorts/tights under baggies are good in cooler times, then a cold weather baselayer or microfleece under a windproof/waterproof outershell work well upto stupifly cold weather -10 degrees C this year with microfleece and waterproofs this year and still sweating.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Uncle Peter
    Uncle Peter Posts: 324
    These guys are just across the Tasman Sea...http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/products/

Great kit and it's pretty good value too.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I think a buff is the best bit of cycling gear I have, still wearing it on cooler mornings as we approach summer. It stops cold air blowing down my top, simple as that.