RS reba: fork oil amount?

M1llh0use
M1llh0use Posts: 863
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
i'm jut reading the manual for adjusting the travel on my reba teams and i'm not sure if i'm reading it right.

the tech sheets say they need 123ml of 5wt oil for the fork lowers but is that 123ml in each leg or 123ml between both legs?

:oops: apologies if that sounds daft, not done any fork servicing before!
{insert smartarse comment here}

Comments

• mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Is this the correct manual for your forks? (year etc.)

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/95- ... 0Guide.pdf

If yes, it says in the chart at the bottom. :)
  • M1llh0use
    nope, that one is for the earlier fork. but working on the assumption that they need the same amount in each leg it's a start.... :lol:

i can work from there....
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Ah, OK. Can't see the service manual for 2006+ forks.?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I serviced a set of Reba 2009 forks and when you get them apart the internals look almost identical to the earlier models only a slight change to the air piston head. I just used the quantities and weights on the sheet for the older forks and everthing works just fine. The oil in the air leg (left) is just for lubrication. Its the oil in the top of the damper leg (right) that does all the work.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • M1llh0use
    Cheers stubs, realised that after tKing them apart!

120mm travel now!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Right leg 110ml of 5wt oil in the damper, 15ml of 15wt for lubrication in the lowers. Left leg 15ml of 15wt in the lowers, 6ml of 15wt in the air spring. Full service guide here.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result