Compatible with my 105 sti levers?

Michelle_Sco
Michelle_Sco Posts: 26
edited June 2010 in Workshop
Just wondering if a Dura Ace 7900 rear mech would work with my 105 5600 levers?
If not would a Dura Ace 7800 work? I have been offered ultegra 6600 sl groupset minus levers also so would that also work?

Many thanks
Contact matt at bikeradar dot com please

Comments

• The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    As long as they have the same number of speeds,eg your mech and shifters are both 10 speed,should be fine.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Just wondering if a Dura Ace 7900 rear mech would work with my 105 5600 levers?
    Yep.
    If not would a Dura Ace 7800 work?
    Yep.
    I have been offered ultegra 6600 sl groupset minus levers also so would that also work?
    Yep.

They'll all work fine.
  • Ok thanks very much, I thought they would, I was going to buy some from an auction but on the listing it said "selling brand new 7900 mech as I does not work with my 7800 levers" so I guess they havnt done something correctly or have a broken one.

Thanks again
    Contact matt at bikeradar dot com please
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2010
    Ok thanks very much, I thought they would, I was going to buy some from an auction but on the listing it said "selling brand new 7900 mech as I does not work with my 7800 levers" so I guess they havnt done something correctly or have a broken one.
    Thanks again

Is it not time you were in touch re: missing items that you have offered to sell on this site?

You'll have a broken one if I catch up with you!
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I thought the 7900 had a different pull ratio (as did the new 105 shifters - that's why you can't just upgrade to the new shifters on older 105)?
    I'm left handed, if that matters.