Cycle computer calibration

hyperman
hyperman Posts: 232
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Im wanting to get a cycle computer and was looking at some Raleigh computers, however in the instructions I noticed that you put the codes in according to the size of your Tyres. The only problem is that the biggest size it goes up to is 26x2, I'm currently running on a 2.5 on the front and 2.35 on the rear....does this mean they are no good? Will they be that far out? I don't understand how the width of your tyre can make such a difference...if so what's a fairly decent wireless computer out there that will be ok for my size tyres? Oh and the reason I looked at the Raleigh computers is I can get them real cheap....

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    All the computers I've seen require you to enter the circumference of the wheel. Are you sure it only accepts tyre size/width?
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Just because the table of tyre sizes only goes upto 26" x 2" it doesn't mean the computer does.

Best way to measure is by marking the front tyre sidewall & the ground, roll the wheel a full revolution, mark that on the ground, double check this distance by repeating this procedure, then measure it & enter that number into the computer.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • hyperman
    hyperman Posts: 232
    I get it now, cheers chaps, I'll give it a go....