Selling an old mountain bike

judith_sw
judith_sw Posts: 101
edited May 2010 in MTB general
I'm now up to three bikes and was all set to take the oldest one to the council tip today ... then I had a closer look and couldn't do it :cry:

It was never a prestigious bike - it's a Carrera Instinct 24-speed that I bought in about 1995/6, having owned an early Decathlon Rockrider (when I lived in France and couldn't bring home with me). It's had some lightweight use and has been reasonably well maintained, although it has been redundant in the garage for the past 7 or 8 years. I've cleaned it up today and mended a punture and it seems way too good to throw away ... potentially it would make a good commuter bike with the potential for a bit of easy off-road. The forks are fixed. Weighs in at just under 14kg :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50626127@N06/4650971002/

I'm sure it's in dire need of a service, but it works! If I advertised it for sale (as working but needing a service), how much could / should I reasonably ask / expect? I've had it from new and even have the original receipt / manual. Difficult question, I know, but all advice welcomed :?:

SORRY, WE CAN'T ALLOW VALUATION THREADS IN THE FORUMS. YOUR BEST BET IS EBAY AS IT WILL GO FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH.
This discussion has been closed.