Orbea Aqua T105

wolftone
wolftone Posts: 24
edited May 2010 in Road buying advice
Have been to my LBS and seen one of these. Aluminium frame, carbon fork, 105 and ultegra gears, carbon seatpost, shimano r500 wheels, look pedals included for £1000. The guy also has the Ridley Compact but I'm not sure of the spec on that bike.

Anyone have any info or experience on either of these bikes or companies?

The shop doesn't sell Specialized or Trek as the owner wants to support European bike makers rather than bikes made in Taiwan. Noble sentiments me thinks. I wanted something a bit different anyway.

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I had a lower spec version of that, and was very impressed with the frame/forks, still haveit in my garage, too.
    I like the Orbea bikes.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • marcthehammer
    marcthehammer Posts: 126
    Ive got an Orbea onix 105 and love it.But you should test ride both and see what one feels the best.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
  • wolftone
    wolftone Posts: 24
    I have only seen a few as I drive to work in London. They obviously aren't very common.(Just what I wanted). But does anyone have a clue about the companies overall reputation for quality, reliability, value etc etc.

Both bikes represent something a bit different. You don't see many on the road. Is that because they are not very good, or harder to find a dealer for or what???????
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    The quality of my Orbea, and all of the others I know of are very high.
    Mine has a 'Made in Spain' sticker on it. And, I believe that their carbon bikes are made in the Basque region, too.
    There are quite a few Orbea owners on here, if you re jig your original question to be more Orbea orientated, as opposed to 'Aqua' specific.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!