Morning websters

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited May 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Up and at 'em this morning..... going clothes shopping in a bit (my LEAST favourite passtime EVER) and going to treat myself to something fancy for lunch, then home, change and out on the lash for the arvo ;)

Just ordered the following:

Draper Tap Wrench
Goodridge Gear Cable set (carbon - again - long story)
3x SRAM powerlink

Tomorrow may order some other shiny bits :)

How about you 'orrible lot!

Comments

• carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    no kids this wekend they all going to different houses to play with friends and sleep over, this means I can ride when ever I want and when I come back i can chill out instead of going straight into 'dad mode'
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'
  • chrisbassist
    chrisbassist Posts: 115
    I wish I didn't have to worry about kids, I've got my daughter, my wife is at work. When she gets back I'm going exploring along the canal to see if I can see any wooded areas where there may be something exciting to ride. Doubtful but worth a go. And just order 2 books, the disappearing city, and the living city both by frank Lloyd wright.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Good morning!

Today was SUPPOSED to be the first Practice Session for the TT. Looks like that's been cancelled now though (practice, not the TT) because of rain, mist and high winds.

Going to do some fettling today so the 456 is in tip-top race condition for tomorrow.

I may also see if I can fashion some kind of mount to fit the little camera to the Full Facer so I can catch some crashes :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    cycled into work - it wasn't fun with the rain!

Working till lunch then family time / fit new pads to the orange / try out new running shoes :lol:
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Good morning!

Today was SUPPOSED to be the first Practice Session for the TT. Looks like that's been cancelled now though (practice, not the TT) because of rain, mist and high winds.

Going to do some fettling today so the 456 is in tip-top race condition for tomorrow.

I may also see if I can fashion some kind of mount to fit the little camera to the Full Facer so I can catch some crashes :lol:

Its gonna be fun on the grassy verges if still wet ;)

Get that camera mounted matey!! :)
  • Luke-Dob
    Luke-Dob Posts: 121
    Morning!

Off to the local DH spot for a few hours today, lets just hope it doesn't rain... much.
    "If I Was Falling, YOU BETTER FREAKING CATCH ME!!!"
    6 years riding bikes, 8 broken bones, gravity can be a b**ch
    http://dobby.pinkbike.com/album/My-Bikes-D/
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good morning freaks!

Well as the postie has just delivered my copy of MBUK, I'll be reading that this morning (well looking at the pictures). Mrs C has already stolen the freebie phone sock! :shock:

Hopefully the parcel postie (we have two different ones) will bring my uber-light-weight-goodyness this morning, so I can do some fettling.

Will be shopping for compost later and I do believe we'll end up at Lidl and some bike stuffs will also be purchased.

If the weather clears, got some work to do at the allotment, then back home for dinn0rz with the grandkids and a nice evening watching the Eurovision Song Contest.

All in all, should be a good day. :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    off for a jog, then monging out for the day i think.

i am trying my best not to spend my hard earned wages but its sorely tempting to go and buy something, maybe a new g shock.
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    I'm gonna pull my finger out and head up to Whinlatter for a quick blast.

Then go meat shopping for tomorrows BBQ.

Probably have a fettle of the SS too.
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings mortals.

Postie delivered the usual bundle of month end type mail, however my photos from the event I did in April have arrived. Only 4 photos, all at a good resolution. Sadly the photographers were softies and didn't venture into the challenging terrain, so the photos are of the start/finish and moderate bridleway type terrain that their 2WD family cars could reach.

Off to Brizzle today, a bit skeptical about carrying the bikes on the roof in this rain. Yes, it's piddling down here and I am just wondering about rain getting into the headset. Perhaps I should cover them in duct tape?

Anyway I need to hit the road. I bid you all a fantastic weekend :¬)
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486

i am trying my best not to spend my hard earned wages but its sorely tempting to go and buy something, maybe a new g shock.

I'd go for a Suunto
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

I'd go for a Suunto

i have a suunto x10 and a suunto t4c. ive got a casio pathfinder but am feeling a bit g-shocky