Got me a new bike!

diamondbacker
diamondbacker Posts: 224
edited May 2010 in MTB general
New bike arrived today! Rockrider 5.2 and I only ordered it from Decathlon on Wednesday which is great. Shocks are slightly scratched - not so great. Anyway rather than have the hassle of returning it (they'll probably get a bit scratched soon anyway) I've just decided to use it.

Just been out for a quick spin and it definitely feels more nimble than my Diamondback S20 which will be passed to the missus. looking forward to doing the coast to coast later in the summer on it.

Just thought I'd share.

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    good bikes 8)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    The 5.2 is a great bike.
    I run the workshop at the Stockport store and I see very few problems with these.They just keep going and going.
    When I do see a problem its normally down to rider error and over enthusiasm.
    Sorry your forks arrived a little scratched, this is most likely down to the delivery method and the bike moving around in the box.
    Any issues then feel free to phone yuor nearest store.
  • sophsoph
    sophsoph Posts: 24
    very nice! congrats! rides nicely?
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    nice! i have the one a few models up from that, the 5 XC but they don't make it anymore :(
    any upgrades planned for yours?
  • diamondbacker
    Obviously I've only got limited experience of the bike having only owned it 24 hours but impressions are good. It feels nimble, was well set up when I got it and feels sturdy too. All in all a big thumbs up so far! No plans for upgrades yet. If something happens to wear out or break I'll think about upgrading then.

Wappygixer, thanks for the advice. I thought that the forks may have been damaged in transport - it's a risk you take when getting a bike delivered. Nothing major, and like I said earlier they'll probably end up being scratched at some point if the bike gets used as it should be. I've been very impressed with both the bike and service I've received from Decathlon.

Tristan
  • Wappygixer
    nice! i have the one a few models up from that, the 5 XC but they don't make it anymore :(
    any upgrades planned for yours?

The 5XC is still in production but is going to be called a different name for 2010, watch the website for further info
  • Louis84
    Louis84 Posts: 135
    Need pix or it doesn't exist mate. Stop making up stories.
  • crohnoes
    crohnoes Posts: 21
    i just got my new 5.2 from the stockport store, it's a fantastic little bike, but i've had to replace the saddle with a charge spoon because it's not all that comfortable imo.
  • diamondbacker
    Louis 84 - Really? Or was that post for Wappygixer about the 5XC?
  • Louis 84 - Really? Or was that post for Wappygixer about the 5XC?

Its a well known forum thingy that pics are needed to verify any claims of a new toy :twisted:

Put some pics up in the Your Rides section of this forum :D
  • diamondbacker
    Ahh, right. Will get that sorted later tonight!
  • Wappygixer
    Here is a link to the new replacement for the 5XC http://www.btwincycle.com/EN/rockrider-8-0-2010-117121662/

asset_21516485.jpg
  • diamondbacker
    Here's a pic of my bike after a ride this morn and a picture of the scratched fork. enjoying it so far!

IMGP2194.jpg

IMGP2195.jpg
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Nice bike, and that scratch is small enough that you arent going to notice it anyway when the bikes all dirty so it isn't to much of a problem then
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • crohnoes
    crohnoes Posts: 21
    have you replaced the saddle? looks different to the one i have.
  • diamondbacker
    No, that's the one it came with. It's pretty comfortable too.
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    looks good diamondbacker

thanks for the link wappygixer, but tbh doesn't look as good as the old one/mine. but that might be because mine does havea few upgrades: new forks (RS recon race) new tyres (maxxis minion 2.35 60a folding/panaracer razer mx 2.3) new bars (fsa gravity lite 680mm) new stem (exotic 60mm) new saddle (charge spoon) new pedals (wellgo b-54's) and new grips (lizard skins charger lock on)
  • Wappygixer
    looks good diamondbacker

thanks for the link wappygixer, but tbh doesn't look as good as the old one/mine. but that might be because mine does havea few upgrades: new forks (RS recon race) new tyres (maxxis minion 2.35 60a folding/panaracer razer mx 2.3) new bars (fsa gravity lite 680mm) new stem (exotic 60mm) new saddle (charge spoon) new pedals (wellgo b-54's) and new grips (lizard skins charger lock on)

You may have been better off buying a frame only, its not easy to do at Decathlon and not all workshops will do it but I can and will where possible
    The frame from this 8CX is a ridicolously low price, cant remember exactly off the top of my head but trust me its low at around the £100 mark asset_18667093.jpg
  • Louis84
    Louis84 Posts: 135
    nice stealthy bike son. All black like a shadow in the night. First thing, get rid of the orange relfectors. It does nothing for street cred! What the hell is H&S anyway?