My SID forks

carbonfiend
carbonfiend Posts: 475
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
just cleaned bike noticed forks locked out even though I dont have remote lock so checked pressure and negative chamber was empty so pumped back up and all cool so I thought why am i losing air? Kept checking the pressure and it appears I lose a bit about 10lbs when i recheck so if I inflate negative to 100lbs leave it a bit and go back its usually on about 80. I then checked FAQs about fork travel seen the tip about lettin positve air out to see if sanctions disappear fully, as I also seem to get oil on fingers when I inflate, which they did when I push down but then I popped my seals Just seems to push them back in though. Question is does from this gargled post does is sound like I got somthing wrong with forks and will seals be ok now i just pushed them back
'..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so every time you let air out into the pump to check the pressure you get the same pressure drop?

yes that is normal.

and yes if the valve is pointing down oil will come out when you open the valve, just like the air.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • carbonfiend
    carbonfiend Posts: 475
    cool thnx fella, like lionel richies face forks freak me out
    '..all the bad cats in the bad hats..'