Embarresing lock on grip question, how to remove the clamps!

rchip
rchip Posts: 102
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Heh, this is a very rubbish topic. I'm using lizzard skin charger grips, I just installed them tonight, my very first time using lock ons! I was wondering if anyone has any tips or if it's even possible to remove the black lock on clamps from the grips once you've already snapped them on!? I installed them in such a way, that 1 logo is facing the right way up and the 3 logos are facing down. Heh I know it doesn't matter but it'd like them to look as lovely as possible.

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    email Lizard skins] or 2Pure
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    Loosen them off, they should just spin round??
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    If they're anything like all the other lockons I've used, use a butter knife (blunt-ish, for safety :wink:) or a flat, wide screwdriver and push it into the gap between the collar and the rubber then twist it to push the two apart.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    bails87 wrote:
    If they're anything like all the other lockons I've used, use a butter knife (blunt-ish, for safety :wink:) or a flat, wide screwdriver and push it into the gap between the collar and the rubber then twist it to push the two apart.

I use a butter knife on my Peaty's and Whyte Lock-Ons. Works a treat.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • rchip
    rchip Posts: 102
    Whey! The butter knife technique worked a treat : ) hah well when I say a treat they where bloody hard to get off! Hah but it's done now, so thanks alot for that guys!