Shutt VR Summer jersey

london-red
london-red Posts: 1,266
edited May 2010 in Road buying advice
I know Pete from Shutt prowls this forum, so thought I'd ask about sizing of the new summer jersey here.

Loose or race fit? Love the look of it by the way.

Comments

• miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    London-Red wrote:
    I know Pete from Shutt prowls this forum, so thought I'd ask about sizing of the new summer jersey here.

Loose or race fit? Love the look of it by the way.

Prowls! How very dare you ;-)

Its a fitted/athletic fit... The were some pics of Jamie form JD Cycles modelling some on our facebook site which are more 'real' than the 'model' used our website. He is a racing snake!

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Thanks. Looks good - you've definitely made the right decision designing a full-length zip version. Pretty tempted by one of those...
  • mikey_748
    mikey_748 Posts: 108
    Is the summer jersey a similar fit to the team jersey miggers? Love the team so fancy another.

Qualities great by the way but happy to provide design consultancy in return for a few freebies - the others are a bit iffy to my eye but everyone to there own....
  • miggers
    mikey_748 wrote:
    Is the summer jersey a similar fit to the team jersey miggers? Love the team so fancy another.

Qualities great by the way but happy to provide design consultancy in return for a few freebies - the others are a bit iffy to my eye but everyone to there own....

Dont say that, the MD is the designer too.. We are changing, but softly... Some of the jerseys I am not a fan off are top sellers.. Feel free to ping us a few ideas and if they work we will commission you! We've done it before!

As to fit, they are athletic fit, not skin tight as the Team Jersey.

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    great looking jersey, full length zip is very important, how i wish you'd do a white/black trim one to match the shorts though miggers .....
  • miggers
    great looking jersey, full length zip is very important, how i wish you'd do a white/black trim one to match the shorts though miggers .....
    If you fancy one drop me an email and I will make one for you!

If it looks good we'll do it as a standard item and name it after you...
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • giant_man
    I'm not sure if you're serious or taking the pi$$ miggers .....
  • miggers

Not sure if other post worked... Perfectly straightforward to add a Black collar and cuff to a white Summer Club.. Might be a small fee as a one off takes the girls off the run rate stuff.. But I am thinking a fiver.. Interested?

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • miggers

Not sure if other post worked... Perfectly straightforward to add a Black collar and cuff to a white Summer Club.. Might be a small fee as a one off takes the girls off the run rate stuff.. But I am thinking a fiver.. Interested?

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • giant_man
    yes I am Pete. Always thought black/white would look nice and as I said, goes with the
    pro bib shorts better.
  • miggers
    yes I am Pete. Always thought black/white would look nice and as I said, goes with the
    pro bib shorts better.
    Ping me an email and I will sort you a spec/quote next week - Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • giant_man
    pm'd you pete ...
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Anyone got the Race Team Jersey? Really like the look of it in the red but not sure about the small zip. Does the zip let enough air in?
    Miggers- any chance this jersey can come with a full or 3/4 length zip?
    thanks
  • miggers
    rjh299 wrote:
    Anyone got the Race Team Jersey? Really like the look of it in the red but not sure about the small zip. Does the zip let enough air in?
    Miggers- any chance this jersey can come with a full or 3/4 length zip?
    thanks
    New ones will come with a 7" zip, not really needed though.. Sportwool is much more thermally efficient than polyester. We've some clearance jersey on the site that wont break the bank that you could try out
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • rjh299
    Order up!
    Just plumped for the Team jersey in red.
    Thanks for quick reply
  • miggers
    rjh299 wrote:
    Order up!
    Just plumped for the Team jersey in red.
    Thanks for quick reply
    Thanks for the order... Hope you enjoy the jersey.. You ought to go on to British Cycling Site as you can now order your free Bronze Race Membership as a Team Member... :)

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    got the team jersey in blue this week. it looks and feels great but i'm unsure about the fit. pete has kindly offered to adjust it if i get someone to pin it for me.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rjh299
    What's wrong with the fit? On you anyway. This is the first wool style jersey i've gone for so not too sure what to expect, but considering it's the race team jersey expecting it to be pretty clip.
    Hope it fits me well 'cos it looks good the pics
  • miggers
    rjh299 wrote:
    What's wrong with the fit? On you anyway. This is the first wool style jersey i've gone for so not too sure what to expect, but considering it's the race team jersey expecting it to be pretty clip.

It's not the fit its the model ;) Sorry Gary, couldn't resist! Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    rjh299 wrote:

i was after a more tightly fitting jersey for racing. the medium was too small on the arms/ shoulders but the large slightly too big around the torso, but i am very fussy with fit.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • miggers
    gsk82 wrote:
    rjh299 wrote:

i was after a more tightly fitting jersey for racing. the medium was too small on the arms/ shoulders but the large slightly too big around the torso, but i am very fussy with fit.

Because its our team race kit we can offer a bespoke service... Next year the plan is to have a full team kit with made to measure service.
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com