Hertfordshire - Good helmet stockist?

Sean1504
Sean1504 Posts: 101
edited May 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Does anyone know of an LBS with a good range of premium helmets either in Hertfordshire or relatively close to Hertfordshire?

The ones i've been to in Hitchin and Stevenage only stock cheap helmets and there's one that's affiliated to Specialized so only stocks their stuff. I ended up buying a Specialized helmet to do me for now but i'd like to invest in something a little better.

Also i've got quite a bulbous head and helmets seem to 'perch' on top of it, I have the same problem with hats. Does anyone else have this problem or just me?

Thanks,

Sean

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Measure your head. Find helmets that fit (i'm guessing) you're either on a size change or a swede head like me. Nowhere will stock all brands in all sizes it's not viable. Met do 60+ but I reckon they cut up small. I'm 59/60 but unless I go Testagrossa I'm stuffed. If you can find a stockist and dont have to get past a Purchase Permission Officer try Casco
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Addiktion in Victoria Street,St Albans and if they haven`t got what you want go to Rock and Road,100m down the road.

Cycle Surgery in Hemel by the ski centre will keep a reasonable range too.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    +1 on measuring your head, makes all the difference of course.
  • Sean1504
    Sean1504 Posts: 101
    Thanks for the replies guys, I have measured my head and i'm a 59/60, that's not so much the problem….the distance between the top of my head and the top of my ears seems to be longer than most which always leaves me with large gaps between the top of my ears and the helmet. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Spiderman, i'll take a look in St. Albans at the weekend.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Trisports in Letchworth?