Further Tub Help

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited May 2010 in Workshop
Just fitted my first tub to my carbon rims using Jantex tape. As a result of bothe the "pigtails" of the backing breaking off whilst I was peeling it, and having to lift the tyre to pull the backing off, it's ever so slightly off centre.

So do I

1) Ride it and live with it?

2) Deflate the tyre and try and centre it? (presumably I just lift it off the tape on the side it's leaning towards and roll it into position?). Not sure how feasable thisis given i's been sat in teh garage at 120psi overnight.

3) Rip it off and start again, being more careful?
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I'd try and centre it - it would just bug me that it was off centre no matter how slight. If you can't do that then I'd start again with fresh tape.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    When you spin the wheel, is it obviously off center ?
    I peeled the tape off by inserting a pencil between rim and tubs, and move it round slowly whilst peeling, so that gave me enough room to be careful.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Looking at the centre of the tread when I spin the wheel I can see that for part of its rotation, it's about 2mm off centre to the left.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent