FUNN EZX Cable Disk brake problem

Marky_Boy
Marky_Boy Posts: 7
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys,

I recently bought a set of FUNN EZX cable disk brakes for my jump bike. I fitted them fine without any problems, no rubbing etc (have fitted numerous sets of brakes before on different bikes). However, as soon as I took it out for a spin, I noticed a really annoying metal 'ting' sound, followed by a slight metal rattle for 2 or 3 seconds, on what I believe to be the front brake.

Now this only happens when I pedal hard and freewheel for a bit, then as I slow down, it completely stops. I took it to my local bike shop for them to have a look at. They re-aligned the calipers, made sure the wheels/rotors were all tight and weren't bent then took it for a test ride. They said that the noise is a result of the rotor and wheel flexing slightly when pedaling with my weight over the front wheel, which is "normal and to be expected".

I basically would like to know if this is in fact the case (it is bloomin annoying if so), or if anyone has experienced a similar problem? Does anyone have an idea as to what actually might be causing it, or how I can get rid of it?

Extra info: 180mm rotors, 24" 48 spoke Halo combat wheels, post mount front, IS mount rear.

Sorry if I have missed anything off- just let me know.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    bearings worn or need adjusting in the hub.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown