Garmin Training Centre and Google earth

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited May 2010 in Road beginners
When I first imported a workout into garmin training centre - and then viewed it as a course in google earth I thought it was fantastic - however as I have done a couple more I have a bit of a problem - in that I can't seem to view one course in isolation - even if I only select once couse in isolation - it still draws a red line everywhere I have ever been ! ....any ideas how I can just view one course ?

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Best solution, dump GTC and use Sport tracks, simples 8)
  • kingrollo
    I looked (albeit quickly) at sport tracks - and it didn't seem to have half the functionality of GTC - maybe I need to look again.
  • danowat
    Its got shed loads more functionality, the training load plugin alone makes it a no brainer.

Download it and have a play with it, its really much, much better than the GTC
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    you don't have to choose one or the other, I use sports tracks for the instant satellite view of my route and the garmin app. for other items.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 559
    I installed it and get different numbers to GTC for averages etc. I think this is due to it not allowing for autopause. it also doesnt deal with multple days riding where you dont reset the odometer. said id covered 379000 mils lol.

will stick with GTC :)
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    Just unselect the various courses that you don't want from the left hand menu in google earth.
  • danowat
    stokepa31 wrote:
    I installed it and get different numbers to GTC for averages etc. I think this is due to it not allowing for autopause. it also doesnt deal with multple days riding where you dont reset the odometer. said id covered 379000 mils lol.

will stick with GTC :)

Odd, I've need had a problem like that.

But yeah, as said, you can use both :D
  • kingrollo
    rich164h wrote:
    Just unselect the various courses that you don't want from the left hand menu in google earth.

This is what I do.

I right click on my course - and select view in google earth - but I get red lines everywhere I have ever ridden not just that course !

in the menu on the left hand side - it only shows one course listed (the one I want) - but the map is a mass of red lines !!

Any ideas ?