OT-Favourite cup of tea?

2»

Comments

• sufferingpete
    sufferingpete Posts: 524
    Contrary to the above posts it’s not just the tea the location and state when drunk is as important as the type or brand.

For example a pint pot of tea at the Grindleford café after climbing over from Sheffield tastes much better than the same made by myself at home.

Once after Rock climbing for 8 hr or so without a drink- tea without milk or sugar (we had run out) tasted excellent I can’t abide it without milk at home.
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    Contrary to the above posts it’s not just the tea the location and state when drunk is as important as the type or brand.

For example a pint pot of tea at the Grindleford café after climbing over from Sheffield tastes much better than the same made by myself at home.

Once after Rock climbing for 8 hr or so without a drink- tea without milk or sugar (we had run out) tasted excellent I can’t abide it without milk at home.

I can still remember the cup of (no doubt instant) coffee from a flask, that I had after climbing up the cliffs at Baggy Point, when I was about 16 or 17. At the time, it tasted divine, but probably would have tasted like any other crappy instant coffee in more conventional surroundings.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    My favourite cup of tea is the one that one of my children brought me without being asked.

(Usually they taste awful but the sentiment makes them divine)

Out and about, I will rarely order "woorman's" tea, as it so often goes wrong. Too much milk, too strong, or that hideous UHT stuff. Camomile then, please.
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • 1) Yorshire tea for hard water
    2) regular Yorkshire tea
    3) twinings everyday

(depends what's on offer / stock)
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    PG Tips, well steeped, with just a dash of half-fat milk.
  • O'Day
    O'Day Posts: 26
    charlesgrey21.jpg

With milk, must be Twinings. Or Rooibos if sans Caffeine.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    My most regularly drunk tea is Tetley but I do like always have a Whittards Breakfast Earl Grey with breakfast (stronger then the "normal" Earl Grey) as it has a much nicer taste then the Twinnings stuff.

I do however have a rather large collection of teas in the cupboard, almost large enough to rival my collection of spicy sauces! This is all loose leaf tea - a fact that had some of the SCRer's thinking I'd smuggled drugs along with me to Wales I think :-D

Lady Grey is rather nice and Green Tea Earl Grey used to be a favourite when I was actually based at one workplace long enough to get semi settled in. I am a bit of a tea tart!
    The fun bit now is that I'm developing a love for coffee I'm starting the whole discovery process over again with ground coffee!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Sainsbury's red label
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    coffee first thing, then a couple of cups of earl grey. ordinary tea for the rest of the day...
  • Runoutofgears
    Runoutofgears Posts: 348
    PG Tips, cos it's free issue at work!

I like an occasional Twinings green tea as well
    I ache, therefore I am.
  • giantculler
    giantculler Posts: 92
    early grey tea. very good
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I gave up caffeine a couple of years ago so i drink Twinings fruit teas. My current favourite is lemon & ginger.
    FCN = 4
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    Japanese sencha green tea for me, but recently I've grown fond of Dragonfly rooibos breakfast tea.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Rooibos for me - the only tea I don't need to put sugar into.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    me thinks "Porgy" is in the wrong blog?????????????????? :lol:
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    i honestly dont see what the difference is between Tea lol. banana milkshake FTW
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.