Blatant troll, not really worth it.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Me or the other poster?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Don't we have enough arguments on here for you? Now you're sending us to other forums to argue there?

We can start another argument on here if you like.... DDD will be along soon, he's got a creative argument streak.

I think anyone who rides clipless is an eejit.

How's that?

:P
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    How about how ludicrous SPD sandals are? :)
  • bails87
    MTB/CX

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Holy Crap!

MTB poster alert!!

Quick DETOX! DEEEEETOX!!!

Where's that bloody blue anti-sceptic stuff you get down chemical bogs....?

(I am NEVER posting in that forum... :P )
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2010

We can start another argument on here if you like.... DDD will be along soon, he's got a creative argument streak.

:x

I'll have you know that I to have the exact mailout the OP in the linked thread is refering to and just this morning thought exactly the same thing; that she isn't wearing a helmet. While it isn't a legal requirement to wear a helmet the advert itself was promoting style and fashion primarily over safety.

You could argue that this particular mailout magazine is a key indicator of Evans shift from faux-local and faux-friendly bike shop to a more cycling-fashion-statement store. I would go as far as to say it has become even more a parody of itself. It is generally, there are exceptions, neither a decent or friendly local bike shop or is it a store, which pioneers cycling fashion, like Condor or Rapha.

But no LiT, I won't bite.

:wink:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    DonDaddyD wrote:

:x

I'll have you know that I to have the exact mailout the OP in the linked thread is refering to and just this morning thought exactly the same thing, that she isn't wearing a helmet and while it isn't a legal requirement to wear a helmet the advert itself was promoting style and fashion primarily of safety.

You could argue that this particular mailout magazine, is a key indicator of Evans shift from faux-local and friendly bike shop to a more cycling-fashion-statement store. I would go as far as to say it has become even more a parody of itself. It is generally, there are exceptions, neither a decent local bike shop or is it a store, which pioneers cycling fashion, like Condor or Rapha.

But no LiT, I won't bite.

Oh, I think you're already in the net.

Evans? Friendly? :P
  • DonDaddyD

It's a faux-friendly approach, like the staff have training days in "upselling with a smile".
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bails87
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You could argue that this particular mailout magazine is a key indicator of Evans shift from faux-local and faux-friendly bike shop to a more cycling-fashion-statement store. .

Not hard to argue when there's a large part of the magazine called "Cycling Chic" complete with angst ridden fixie riders :wink:
    MTB/CX

• DonDaddyD
    bails87 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You could argue that this particular mailout magazine is a key indicator of Evans shift from faux-local and faux-friendly bike shop to a more cycling-fashion-statement store. .

Not hard to argue when there's a large part of the magazine called "Cycling Chic" complete with angst ridden fixie riders :wink:

Yes, what annoys me is that those same fakengers all despertate for that "fixie look" would look and deem me "all gear and no idea". F*cking skinny jean wearing f*ck f*cks.

I've been dragged into this now haven't I?

Damn.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Looks more like you jumped in from here. :wink:
  • bails87
    Mickey Eye wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Looks more like you jumped in from here. :wink:

Bent_fishing_rod.jpg
    MTB/CX

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    DonDaddyD wrote:

It's a faux-friendly approach, like the staff have training days in "upselling with a smile".
    no they dont
  • DonDaddyD
    Let me guess, you work for Evans don't you?

Enlighten me, what training do they have?
    Food Chain number = 4

• spasypaddy
    used to.

we had product training, at no point were we taught to up sell. and im not saying that to defend them its the truth.
  • DonDaddyD
    Nothing wrong with up-selling.
    Food Chain number = 4

• spasypaddy
    i agree there is nothing wrong with upselling, its actually a skill if you can do it without people realising you are upselling. but the way we were taught to sell products to customers at evans was to ask questions, get the requirements of the customer, and then target the selling that way. normally someone who is buying a bike has a budget and that is where you tailor your products around.

i found upselling very easy by just being passionate and explaining benefits and drawbacks to different bikes, gear systems, and ability of equipment.
  • DonDaddyD
    spasypaddy wrote:
    normally someone who is buying a bike has a budget and that is where you tailor your products around.
    This is true of any consumer product. It's why upselling is a skill.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Reminds me of a phrase - Hook, Line, Sinker and copy of Angling Times...
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    bails87 wrote:
    Does anyone want to address this? :wink:

It's in the MTB forum. You could argue that there's some point in wearing a helmet on an MTB, I'm certainly in no position to argue either way, though the poster seems to have an inflated idea of the value of helmets, if his/her comment about buses is anything to go by!!
    The catalogue picture shows someone choosing not to wear one.. that's a perfectly sensible, legal choice.... don't see the issue, there, except that the poster appears to be misinformed... more fool them.

Cheers,
    W.