Alienman
Alienman Posts: 91
edited May 2010 in MTB general
How many people actually use them?
'09 Rocky Mountain Fusion

Comments

• hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    ummmm..... just me? Im sure the majority of riders use them, most likely deciding to get a pair after their first outing without them :)
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Padded undershorts are the future!!! Don't want to be cocky but would estimate that every 3rd rider who likes comfort would wear them.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    popstar wrote:
    Padded undershorts are the future!!! Don't want to be cocky but would estimate that every 3rd rider who likes comfort would wear them.

Id say its probably even more than that who do. I can't imagine riding without mine now.
  • Trev71
    Trev71 Posts: 46
    I suffer from a disturbing lack of feeling in my gentleman's area if I cycle for any length of time without them :(
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    yep, every ride... bibshorts on the road and padded shorts off..
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    hoochylala wrote:
    I'm sure the majority of riders use them, most likely deciding to get a pair after their first outing without them

Agreed. Oh so much. Three days straight on a road bike without was more than enough to convert me.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Alienman wrote:
    How many people actually use them?
    If you're talking about liner shorts, I don't leave home without them :wink:

I find the pad is too far forward on roadie-brand liners but MTB-specific liners from Fox, Mace, Royal etc are just perfect.
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    Absolutely wear them. Only when trail riding though, don't bother for the commute.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Indeed, must protect my delicate bum :p
  • macp
    macp Posts: 94
    No but im going to get some.

Show me the lycra :D
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Can't cycle without padded shorts. Baggy shorts with inner lycra shorts are ideal.
  • cgarossi wrote:
    Can't cycle without padded shorts. Baggy shorts with inner lycra shorts are ideal.
    Indeed. I hope nobody cycles without baggies on top - some things you do not need to see :shock:
    Trek Fuel EX 8 '09
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Yep it keeps your gentlemens vegetables in good order.

Just bought some Altura ProGel undershorts to replace a threadbare pair of De Marchi under shorts AAAAAHHHHH Bliss
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Don't like them myself, I stopped wearing nappies years ago and didn't like going back. But to be fair I have a cast iron a**e from long distance motorbiking so even with my skinny saddle I never find it at all uncomfortable.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DomWint
    DomWint Posts: 59
    I bought a pair not long after I started riding. Also bought a pair of padded boxers in the Aldi. Wore both at once on one ride but not sure if that was a bit much.

Always wear something over the top too. No one needs to see my spandexed backside.
  • Alienman
    Alienman Posts: 91
    That's a pretty big consensus that they are useful. Haven't noticed to much pain the butt while riding yet, but we shall see. Until then I will just go with my squishy butt.
    '09 Rocky Mountain Fusion