continental race kings

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
Ok, I currently run a set of panaracer fire xc pro's (the heavier version) but I've had them for about 2 years and the grip/tread is going, so I've been looking at some race kings as they look pretty light.

I know for the price I'm paying for them (about £11 each) they won't be excellent but I'm sure they'll do for one race and the trails should be pretty dry by then (chances are I'll probably take them off after as well)

What's the general view on them?

Thanks
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    I use them on both my EX9 and now just fitted a set to my superfly 29er i like em, seem to be a fast rolling light tubless tyre that wont spit you off as soon as they see i hint of damp ? I couldn't really ask for more imho, and if you can get a set for £11 thats got to be worth a punt ? BTW i run the black chili supersonic version (26er) not sure if there is other versions of the race king ?
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Mark_K wrote:
    I use them on both my EX9 and now just fitted a set to my superfly 29er i like em, seem to be a fast rolling light tubless tyre that wont spit you off as soon as they see i hint of damp ? I couldn't really ask for more imho, and if you can get a set for £11 thats got to be worth a punt ? BTW i run the black chili supersonic version (26er) not sure if there is other versions of the race king ?

Are you running them tubeless or are they tubeless specific tyres?

Thanks

yes, they do quite a few different versions.

http://www.nextdaytyres.com/Tyres/Conti ... -King.aspx
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Yer i run the tubeless versions !