How awesome was the weekend?

Aidy
Aidy Posts: 2,015
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Spent it mountain biking in the Peak District.

Proper, proper sunny out. Simply fantastic :)

Comments

• mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Club ride Sat. Was far far too hot, im a penguin at heart. Sun climbed some stupid hills and couldn't descend due to swarms of flying things and forgetting me glasses.

Was a torturous ride but enjoyable non the less. Hoping for a cooler week.
  • dancook
    dancook Posts: 279
    I took my mountain bike for a ride around the villages, 12 miles in that heat seemed to take an age!

I had no route planned, the first 70% was lovely countryside, the last section was a long climb up a (according to mapmyride) 5% incline. Going down the other side was amazing :)

It was then pretty much mostly down hill back into Guildford.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'll be applying lots of sun tan lotion before my morning commute! :lol:
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    yup lovely had a nice seaside visit on the friday, a chill in the garden on sat.

and sunday off to swinley see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xRRPxdm9x4 though i didn't get lost like they did! easy done though.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Out on the Singlespeed with the GF off and on road on Saturday, lovely 60 miles with the mid Devon Cycle Club yesterday, awesome weather.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    Was amazing weather, makes the winter rides all worthwhile. Saturday I had an excellent club run, then yesterday, I did the Test Valley Tour Hot Challenge50km (which was appropriately named) with Mrs OSK. Highlighly recommended, a nice "sportive" type event thats an alternative to the road events.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTQtMjAxMDA1MjMtMjIzM.jpg
    my arm from 2hours in hertfordshire, and i wonder why i struggled on the way home.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    mkirby wrote:
    Club ride Sat. Was far far too hot, im a penguin at heart. Sun climbed some stupid hills and couldn't descend due to swarms of flying things and forgetting me glasses.

Was a torturous ride but enjoyable non the less. Hoping for a cooler week.

No! No! No! :(
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    edited May 2010
    I'm a lobster.

Did my first triathlon on Saturday morning and managed 1.19.23 for the half olympic distance. Suntan lotion does not stay on when you swim 750m in a lake in a wetsuit. Also, standing about in a wetsuit in 25 degree heat is quite warm.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    Asprilla wrote:
    I'm a lobster.

Did my first triathlon on Saturday morning and managed 1.19.23 for the half olympic distance. Suntan lotion does not stay on when you swim 705m in a lake in a wetsuit. Also, standing about in a wetsuit in 25 degree heat is quite warm.

Like your avatar then... if only you also went woaw woaw woaw while scuttling sideways...

P20 for the sun - dogs bollocks of sun lotions. http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... v8ex5naa_b

One application in the morning, lasts all day and swimming, mahoosively sweating impervious.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    This weekend was interesting. Was acting as a support car for the SERRL regional champs. Those boys gave me a lesson in how to ride hard for 3 hours in the extreme heat, 6x14 mile laps at an average close to 24mph on a hilly rolling course, it was awesome to watch
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Rich158 wrote:
    This weekend was interesting. Was acting as a support car for the SERRL regional champs. Those boys gave me a lesson in how to ride hard for 3 hours in the extreme heat, 6x14 mile laps at an average close to 24mph on a hilly rolling course, it was awesome to watch

Ah, I passed that on the way to Lewes and back. Was rescued on the way back by two people in support cars who had track pumps to help sort out my slow puncture. On the B2026 around 3 or 4 miles before Edenbridge. If you were one of them, chapeau to you - was a great help and meant I could get back to London without having to resort to the train.