Floyd -- he wrote us a letter...

Comments

• AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    dennisn wrote:
    Is no one ever going to get my point? Guess not. People chime in with all sorts of hang 'em and hang 'em high ideas about what should happen to these guys and yet when I question anyone's "purity", for lack of a better word, I get told that I can't say that about you. You don't like what I say? Gee, no kidding. I hit a little to close to home on occasion, maybe? How about this? You sort of hint that I don't know you and therefore
    can't say these things about you. Ya got that right. But just how much do you KNOW the PRO'S that you complain about? Any more than I know about you? Or you me? Once again I'll repeat myself. You can't know anyone simply because you've read a book that they wrote or a book about them. Just like you can't know me and I can't know you based on what we blog.

Dennis, it's not so much that we don't like what you're saying. Mainly we're just confused by it. We are discussing the claims made by one pro against another. We are trying to work out how much of it is true, discuss the responses of other riders, team directors, anti-doping agencies, journalists and the cycling authorities, and speculate what may happen next. Of course we don't know the riders, or indeed what they do, but we are trying to find out. Are you seriously trying to say that us fans have no right to know whether riders we may or may not support have cheated? Do you think cycling would be anything without the fans who watch the races?

Why are you trying to attack us and make it personal?
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Time is ticking for the crooks.
    Reuters
    x610.jpg
    x610.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    IanLD wrote:
    Dennis,

As a matter of interest, what will your views on Lance be should Floyd's allegations be proven true?

I can honestly say I don't care. I've been accused of being a Lance fan boy from the start but I guess that goes to show how little you can know about people by reading about them or reading what they have wrote.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Time is ticking for the crooks.
    Reuters
    x610.jpg
    x610.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask "Just who ARE you're heroes ff?" I know it's a strange question, but who DO you look up to? If anyone??
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Bakunin wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

While the denials have been fast and furious, none of them have really engaged with the allegations.

Michael Barry has. In fact he seemed quite believable.

Really.

He denied it.

Questioned where Floyd was mentally.

And then said, he saw no evidence of doping at Postal.

I guess I'm convinced.

But in a DailyTelegraph story -- Matt White said he didn't want to comment at this time. White better back up what Barry says.

You said that no-one has engaged with the allegations, but Barry has. He told Cycling Weekly exactly what training he did with Landis at the time of the allegations (two days in the mountains rather than the quite a lot that Landis said)..
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

While the denials have been fast and furious, none of them have really engaged with the allegations.

Really.

He denied it.

I guess I'm convinced.

But in a DailyTelegraph story -- Matt White said he didn't want to comment at this time. White better back up what Barry says.

You said that no-one has engaged with the allegations, but Barry has. He told Cycling Weekly exactly what training he did with Landis at the time of the allegations (two days in the mountains rather than the quite a lot that Landis said)..

Michael Barry can either be the guy who keeps quiet, the guy who lies or the guy who tells the truth. I really hope that he doesn't lie and get caught out when others fold and tell the truth. It's the last thing a new sponsor needs, especially one who has been so careful in its recruitment. Well, most of it.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    seems there are a few people who the feds \ WADA have spoken to who have been offered immunity who are thinking about what to do.

Reading between the lines if they are thinking what to do then surely that means they must be guilty too.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I just got round to watching the Allen Lim video...

Reporter: "Are you surprised at the amount of drugs he was taking at one point? I mean, being so close to him, how did you miss that?"

Lim: "I uh... I dunno... psshhh, um... pfff... crazy, eh?"

Yes, Allen, it certainly is.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Worth another read, The IM conversation between Vaughters and Andreu, which back up some of what Landis is saying and this is froma while ago.

There was a court case with Lance, but it was settled out of court......

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis ... ssage.html
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bakunin wrote:

Really.

He denied it.

I guess I'm convinced.

Come on Rich, you're a voice of reason around here -- you can't be ready to hang your hat on this quote.

Landis said you trained before the 2003 Vuelta and talked about doping products?

MB: I did train with him for two days. When we were in Girona, I trained with him very little when we were racing for U.S. Postal. Prior to the Vuelta, he was staying up in the mountains and I drove up there with my wife and rode with him for six hours one day and two hours the next day. And then we drove back home. That was it.

Read more: http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/05/ ... z0ofzuEpLe

He wasn't asked nor did he put forward a position on the two key questions: Did he dope at Postal? Did they talk about dope?

It was just one more blanket denial, and he even stated that Lance said a lot in response to the allegations (it was like he was saying, listen to what Armstrong said -- yeah, that's my position).

Weak -- very weak.

I hope he is clean, but Barry said nothing.

It was better than Lim though, lol.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Trying to find out what Alan Lim said ? - is it good viewing ???? :D
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    The Lim clip is hilarious - I mean, isn't it just 'crazy' that he could spend time around all these alleged - or confessed - fopers and just, like, not see a thing? Absolutely crazy :roll:

I don't think it's really surprising that Landis went from keeping detailed training journals to detailed diaries of his doping - isn't that what's known as meticulous attention to detail? Why, some riders are lauded for it - gosh, I wonder if they were equally as meticulous? :wink:
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Trying to find out what Alan Lim said ? - is it good viewing ???? :D

Well, it's ironic that he sounds like he's been taking drugs prior to the interview Uh.. uh.. long pause... crazy.. uh.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Anyone else trying to figure out who the 2 people who are considering helping with the enquiries are?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    someone at cyclingnews.com forums suggested it is Zabriskie and McCarty

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.p ... stcount=59
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,794
    how about matt white's "no comment just yet line"?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,794
    Roscobob wrote:
    If you were breaking the rules why would you keep a journal about it?

If you cut a deal with the UCI, why would you broadcast it to the rest of the team?

I believe they all doped but some of the allegations just don't make sense.

because you are breaking the rules....

you need a card in your back pocket as a get out of jail free card so you aren't left without a seat when the music stops
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
    58585 Posts: 207
    iainf72 wrote:
    Anyone else trying to figure out who the 2 people who are considering helping with the enquiries are?

Armstrong and Verbruggen, almost certainly :lol:
  • Bakunin
    iainf72 wrote:

If a deal can be done, I would guess that it is DZ and White.

It would be a real power move -- taking on the forked-tongue texas cowboy and the UCI.

Yet, JV is well placed to do that.

Once someone rolls, all bets are off, the rats will run for cover.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    www.dotcycling.com
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Guess who's at the Cali ITT, today? :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431

Somebody that someone called an alcoholic or a pyscho?
    www.dotcycling.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Well if you pay $40,000 for a tent, you may as well use it. I bet there's a buffet too.
  • KillerMetre
    KillerMetre Posts: 199
    I see this thread is slowly but surely dying on its arse.No surprises there then.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    There's only so much we can say! We leave it in the hands of the authorities and pray.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Why would you keep detailed records? Um, because beating the tests is so important - because it's no good not knowing what you did and when if you want to keep testing clean.
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    He wouldnt keep records/journals/diaries hes a redneck. Hes just not that intelligent.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    This will all be swept under the carpet - UCI Pat McQuaid Johan Brusqueel all a bunch of Charlatans and con men.
  • Bakunin
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    This will all be swept under the carpet - UCI Pat McQuaid Johan Brusqueel all a bunch of Charlatans and con men.

If people turn, they will not be able to control it.