Fox talas 32 rlc 08 140mm fork not giving me full travel???

robkillick
robkillick Posts: 31
edited May 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
I've noticed that i'm only getting 120mm travel out of these forks.I changed the seals and replaced 160ml of fluid as the fox service site said so all is right there.

I have let all pressure out the forks and backed off all rebound and compresstion and tried to bottom the forks out but still only going to 120mm!

The oil level in the right leg(comp/rebo) wouldn't restrict the travel being only damping?!

Anybody had the same?
You can't make a donkey a race horse but you do end up with a fast donkey!

Meta 55

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Does it clunk when it hits 120mm? Is any stanchion left showing?

Did they have all the travel before?
  • robkillick
    its leaving about 25-30 mm from the top with no bottom out clunk even when the pressure was out of them. Never had the full travel since i bought them off my mate but never checked it before this.

Meta 55
  • Shorty12
    Shorty12 Posts: 478
    air or coil?

If air then you will never get full travel because the pressure increases as you go through the travel
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It does, but most designs allow for that so full travel can be achieved. And if it is doing it with no air in.

I would say the damper could be at fault - hard to say, I would contact Mojo.
  • Mine used to do this.
    Pump them back up and leave them upside down for a while.
    Then let the air out whilst they're still upside down. Mine blew a load of grease out (possible Float fluid), but they will compress fully now.
  • robkillick
    Thanks for that it has worked !! about 10ml of green thick oil came out have to keep my eye on that in the future.

Meta 55