Pinnacle Coldharbour

iskander
iskander Posts: 43
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Does anybody own one?
If so, could you please tell me what is the weight? Any other comments/impressions?
I am considering buying one but I can't find much about it on the net.

Cheers,
Dan

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Don't own a coldharbour, but I did own one of the '08 full sus Tharpu Peak.

It was a very good XC bike, well specced, well put together. I'd still have it but my riding style changed and it was no longer suitable. I do miss it though.

For weight figures, I'd contact Evans or Pinnacle directly, they should be able to help. You'll also have to state which model Coldharbour you are looking at (1.0 or 2.0).
  • iskander
    I am looking for the model 2, but they both have exactly the same frame by the looks of it. I tried Evans but they weren't as helpful as you'd think.
    I thought it has excellent spec for the money, and even though Pinnacle is Evans' own brand I understand they provide a lifetime warranty for the frame. I am surprised that there aren't more of them out there. It seems to be very hard to find a review online.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    iskander wrote:
    I am looking for the model 2, but they both have exactly the same frame by the looks of it. I tried Evans but they weren't as helpful as you'd think.
    I thought it has excellent spec for the money, and even though Pinnacle is Evans' own brand I understand they provide a lifetime warranty for the frame. I am surprised that there aren't more of them out there. It seems to be very hard to find a review online.

Yeh, I think people tend to overlook them as they have a bit of an "Asda George" image about them. Shame though because they really are nice bikes. Although they don't offer quite the same level of VFM they did 2 years ago (but then, no other bike manufacturers do either)!

Yes, the frame should be the same on both models, it's just the kit that changes.

If you look on their website here, you should be able to get a bit more info, and some contact details to ask them directly. I emailed them about a couple of things and they were always very helpful and fairly quick to respond.
  • bugmonkey
    bugmonkey Posts: 27
    I've just got a Coldharbour 1.0 as an insurance replacement for a bike that was nicked. My first impressions were a little meh, but now I've had the time to set it up a bit better I'm starting to come around to it.

No idea about the weight. It feels a little heavier towards the back than my old Mongoose Amasa Super, but lighter over all. The X7 gears feel pretty snappy and quick, not sure if that's a benefit of SRAM over Shimano or just that they're new. I've had some problems with the brakes (really squishy with not a lot of stopping power), but I bled them at the weekend and they seem much better, I think they must just have not been setup all that well.
  • iskander
    Thank you very much. At the moment I am a little torn between the coldharbour 2 (excellent specs) or a more traditional choice, the Specialized SL Comp.