Giro Stage 8 *spoiler*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    that footon kit really is your granny's surgical stocking.... its just getting a tad too much

moncoutie didn't contest the mountain prime
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    iainf72 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:

Interesting comments from Daniel Friebe on Basso in CN's commentary.

We must also remember that Dan got fooled by Sky being a "super team" :wink:

Does that mean he's wrong this time? Double :wink:
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Umm, why are there so many Lampre guys on the front? Protecting Cunego's 12th place on GC from someone in the break?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    DaveyL wrote:
    Umm, why are there so many Lampre guys on the front? Protecting Cunego's 12th place on GC from someone in the break?

Teeing up Cunego/Simoni to bring in a stage win perhaps?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:

Those spiteful comments in Gazzetta obviously.

Never mind, the lime green boys are there so Sylvester will be throwing down the pain in the next hour.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    that footon kit really is your granny's surgical stocking.... its just getting a tad too much

Talking of who, why the hell are they in this race. They have done nothing but assault my eyes with their revolting kit. Definitely should have chosen ISD instead.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

Those spiteful comments in Gazzetta obviously.

Never mind, the lime green boys are there so Sylvester will be throwing down the pain in the next hour.

Thufferin Thuccotash
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    that group is too big
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Simoni is working on the front, so it must be Cunego.

Good to hear Kelly is still rocking the toeclips.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I've figured it out! FrenchFighter is actually Marc Madiot in disguise

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/madiot- ... ro-ditalia

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632

Talking of who, why the hell are they in this race. They have done nothing but assault my eyes with their revolting kit. Definitely should have chosen ISD instead.

After the Tour of Turkey, definitely. I wouldn't even invite Footon-Servetto to breakfast.
  • frenchfighter
    Petacchi has bronchitis apparently.

The lovely lady that is Armitstead riding for Cervelo has taken stage 1 of Tour de l'Aude.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    iainf72 wrote:
    I've figured it out! FrenchFighter is actually Marc Madiot in disguise

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/madiot- ... ro-ditalia

:wink:

No, I think the account is actually a Rapha spam-bot that is programmed to spew out words like "epic", "pain", "style", "suffering" and "class" in a random order...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2010
    Please don't associate me with those fake pruners. Just because you may not think like me, it doesn't mean that there aren't people out there that actually truly mean what they say along those lines.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    About 5 kms to the climb...

Went under the 25km banner yet the TV graphic had 22.3 — shortened stage?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Please don't associate me with those fake pruners. Just because you may not think like me, it doesn't mean that there aren't people out there that actually truly mean what they say along those lines.

Nice bit of editing there :wink:
  • Garry H
    About 5 kms to the climb...

Went under the 25km banner yet the TV graphic had 22.3 — shortened stage?

Same going under the 20 KM banner, graphic had 18.2
  • frenchfighter
    The other part I removed as it wasn't necesaary but it is still true.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Garry H
    Nice one. Should have left it up.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Bunch is bombing it towards the bottom of the climb... the worst feeling is hitting the bottom a tough climb and already almost at max heartbeat :o
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    Voeckleur spends so long on the front. Moncoutie always well hidden.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    emadden wrote:
    Bunch is bombing it towards the bottom of the climb... the worst feeling is hitting the bottom a tough climb and already almost at max heartbeat :o

a lot of garmins worked at the front to bring the pace up
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    What's 'World Superbikes' and how does it differ from MotoGP?

Where's the cycling????
    exercise.png
  • mididoctors
    TheStone wrote:
    What's 'World Superbikes' and how does it differ from MotoGP?

Where's the cycling????

http://www.vshare.tv/live/297663/455285/1
  • Garry H
    has it been shortened?
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited May 2010
    emadden wrote:
    It's kind of Ventoux-like in that the initial kms that the peloton is on now aren't very steep, then it suddenly rears up and you soon hit a 12% section, where Simoni attacked in 2003.
  • emadden
    sorensen bouncy noddy head on the attack
    www.dotcycling.com
  • emadden
    Quiz: Who is the Caisse rider at the front of the bunch who is not wearing a team issue Giro helmet... and from what team is the helmet?

BTW I dont know the answer...
    www.dotcycling.com
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    This Sarmiento guy has been quite impressive in the first week. Maybe the traditional dodgy Eyetalian revelation won't be Eyetalian after all.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    Proper pea soooper at the sumit
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon