specialized sauserwind tyres

speshyalex
speshyalex Posts: 62
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
about to replace my trusty fastraks(which i love) but was wondering what the sauserwinds are like?,i think they are a bit more all condition.....
gratefull of any comments if you use sauserwinds..... :D

Comments

• kiwi_stu
    kiwi_stu Posts: 5
    I have a set on my epic race bike and really rate them and a fast race tyre, and better than the race kings I have previously been using. I am using the 1.8s and I will replace my current set with them again. Only issue is if running tubeless, they take effort to seal. Otherwise my first choice as a race tyre.
  • speshyalex
    speshyalex Posts: 62
    i think i will try them,if theyr'e good enough for sauser.but i will go for the 2" for the added comfort as i ride a s works carbon ht.....are they hard wearing as i have a fair bit of tarmac on the way to my local trails......i ride mostly at the xc trails at chicksands so terrain is i suppose mostly loose and loamy soil..... :D
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    great tyres. highly recommended. i use the Control version for added puncture resistance and only a 25g weight penalty, still light at 525g (ish). just don't do too much road on them as they will wear a bit too quickly.
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    I run a Specialized the captain 2.0 up front and a Sauserwind 1.8 rear,the sauserwind is a nice reliable tyre.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    edited May 2010
    Been running them over the winter (1.8 control), good tyre, fair bit drag on tarmac though IMO (sounds like a land rover with knobblies on), fast traks are better if its fairly hard pack stuff. Can't say I've encounted any issues with tubeless set up, by far the easiest to seal and inflate compared to other stuff I've used, Conti,Kenda,Schwalbe.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I found provided you have sausage winds on the right way round they'll drag a bit like any tyre of that design on the road for a while but the ramp part of the centre knobbles wear pretty quickly and you notice things getting a lot less draggy - the only downside to that, is if you keep using road they'll quickly wear right down into near enough full semi slick, which has it's good and bad points
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    speshyalex wrote:
    i think i will try them,if theyr'e good enough for sauser.but i will go for the 2" for the added comfort as i ride a s works carbon ht

Sadly, the 2.0 isn't available in the UK. (I still use them though)