Is this a rear caliper mount? // Creaking Lever

noidea
noidea Posts: 623
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

I just received a set of 2007 Hope Mono Mini's which I bought from ebay but im pretty sure the rear caliber has a front mount on it as it doesn't look like its going to be sitting at the correct angle once fitted.

p4pb5030768.jpg

p4pb5030769.jpg

Can someone confirm this before I make a tit of myself? :?

p4pb5030773.jpg

Originally the brakes ran a 203mm rotor up front and a 185mm on the rear, I have changed the front mount so that I am running the two 185mm rotors (pictured above) but im a bit of a whore and they don't match as one is round and the other has the "saw" pattern.

I have considered sticking the 203mm on the front as it isn't much heavier but how stupid would that look on a skinny little XC bike? Also, I think this may damage my forks?

I suppose I should just stick both the round 185 and the 203 saw rotor on ebay and just buy a matching rotor for the back.

Anyway, if anyone could help with my original question, that would be great :)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by king andrew the 1st</i>

im currently sitting in front of my pc spinning away on my brothers signature edition
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is both.

hbmT.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • noidea
    Must appreciated, thanks Nick 8)

On a side note, this forum really needs to auto-scale images!
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by king andrew the 1st</i>

im currently sitting in front of my pc spinning away on my brothers signature edition
  • noidea
    To save making a few thread..

The front lever makes a creaking sound when pulled and it sounds like something is going to break! The brake works fine however, I have searched and cant find anyone else with the same problem. Any ideas?

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like it is the brass barrel bushing that the lever pivots on or the return spring on the lever has rusted. Had the same problem on a set of minis bought a rebuild kit off chainreaction

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=2509

Replaced everything in the kit (getting circlip out is a real pain) and it solved the creak
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Just noticed you dont get the brass barrel bushing in the rebuild kit anymore you have to buy it seperately
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=842
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap