Cannondale Badboy look-a-like

crankface
crankface Posts: 45
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
wassup guys..

I was the proud owner of a cannondale bad boy for a whole week before it got nicked the first day i took it to work. Needless to say I am totally pissed and out looking for another ride.

However.. I did have some quibbles with the roadie. I loved the slicks but thought the frame was too bone shattering for london's rocky roads so now i'm looking for a decent mtb instead. I thought the top tube was a bit long too..

Does anyone know of a similar looking MTB I can stick some slicks on. Something that looks like a badboy but plush like an mountain bike?

Comments

• M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    how about one of these?

10PR.png
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    look the muts nuts to me for commuting
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I wouldn't get anything expensive for commuting myself, i use my regular expensive bikes for it, but it's a ten minute ride tops and i get to stick my bike in the factory and it's a very small company, so there's no worries there. Personally, if i had to commute to the city centre and didn't have somewhere secure to keep the bike, i'd get a tatty old retro thing like an orange clockwork or p7 or something, as long as it's structurally sound. Make sure it's a little tatty though so it's not so desirable and doesn't stand out too much. My 0.02. Of course, if someone wants the bike that bad, they'll have it.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    ilovedirt wrote:
    I wouldn't get anything expensive for commuting myself, i use my regular expensive bikes for it, but it's a ten minute ride tops and i get to stick my bike in the factory and it's a very small company, so there's no worries there. Personally, if i had to commute to the city centre and didn't have somewhere secure to keep the bike, i'd get a tatty old retro thing like an orange clockwork or p7 or something, as long as it's structurally sound. Make sure it's a little tatty though so it's not so desirable and doesn't stand out too much. My 0.02. Of course, if someone wants the bike that bad, they'll have it.
    +1. chances are you'll just get it stolen as well. so an old rigid mtb that works well but is tatty will be perfect for commuting. if you have to travel far then get what you want but get a decent lock and keep in a place where thieves are least likely to goor in a protected area
  • crankface
    crankface Posts: 45
    not the first to say to me - will look for a banger.. but god do i miss my bad boy :roll: