What lightweight 120mm fork?

Tel39
Tel39 Posts: 243
edited May 2010 in MTB buying advice
Looking for a lightweight suspension fork for a titanium frame build, 120mm max travel. Will be for local woody singletrack/trails and occasional trips to Wales and the Peaks.

Budget up to 500 though willing to go a bit more. Had a look around the tinternet but its a bit of a minefield out there so just wanted some advice and a few pointers too.

Over to you guys and gals :)

Cheers
Vis Unita Fortior

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    these - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=33723

dt swiss xmc 130, a pretty amazing deal
  • Tel39
    lawman wrote:

Cheers for that lawman

They're 130mm though, the frame I'm getting specifies a max 100mm though after some measurements think I can get away with 120mm but no more..... They do look a cracking deal though!
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Some Fox F120 RLC's.

Always been really light but they are even lighter with the new FIT damper :D

One thing to look at though, what axel are you looking for or rather what can your hub take.
  • lawman
    Tel39 wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Cheers for that lawman

They're 130mm though, the frame I'm getting specifies a max 100mm though after some measurements think I can get away with 120mm but no more..... They do look a cracking deal though!

i think thy have the 10mm version for the same price :wink:
  • Tel39
    @ lawman.... ah ok will have a looky then :)

@ peter413....to be honest I hadn't got as far as the wheels yet! was just after a bit of feedback on a lightish fork. What kind of hub would take those Fox's?

This will be my first bike build (currently have a full sus but wanted something lighter for local stuff) so am sort of finding out stuff as I go along. Such as the compatibilty between wheels/hubs and forks so appreciate any info or help offered :)

Cheers
    Vis Unita Fortior
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Any hub that will take a 15mm axel.

Hope hubs are one of my faves and most DT ones will take them (also my faves)
  • lawman
    if you wanna talk wheels, then id say the hopes were too loud and rather heavy, and the dt's are way too expensive. id look at stans ztr hubs or american classics, have a look at the justridingalong website and all the info you need will be there :)
  • Tel39
    Thanks a lot for the feedback chaps much appreciated. That ridingalong webby looks interesting so will have a good butchers. Though may be back in the future with more nooby type questions :)

Cheers
    Vis Unita Fortior