Pump tracks in or around Nottingham

mikezer0mikezer0 Posts: 122
Anyone know of any pump tracks around the Notts/Derby area? I already know about the BMX tracks at Rushcliffe Country park and the one in Alvaston. I'm ideally looking for something that runs in a loop.

Cheers

• urbanAirurbanAir Posts: 35
    bulwell is great for jumps and progression from small to large jumps, but its a bmx race track, and not looped, it does run downhill.

only looped one i know of around here is derby's at alvaston.

there are several other trails in the area, but nothing looped
  • RevellRiderRevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I've heard rumours of one in Bluebell Woods, but I've not seen it so I can't tell you if it's looped or not.

The last straight of Bulwell BMX track is great for working the pump though.
  • urbanAirurbanAir Posts: 35
    bluebell isnt looped, and sort of squashed between two sets
  • mikezer0mikezer0 Posts: 122
    Ahh, Bullwell, never been there. I'll have to check it out next weekend. Where's Bluebell woods?
  • CycloRosCycloRos Posts: 579
    There used to be an excellent one in Cossall at the back of the canal, I'll see if I can pinpoint it on google maps...
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
    If you can find that one in Cossall, let me know. I'd love to 'find it'
  • harveysharveys Posts: 10
    To get to the one in cossall if you get to the car park half way through the bends via the road, if you just follow the path away from Ilikeston towards trowell its in some woods on the left hand side its only about 5 mins from the car park, look out for tree stumps dont do what i did. Went over the bars at about 2 mph clipped in!! :oops:
    Cossall? Which car park on which road?

Cheers
    I think I know where you mean.

Go along Cossall Road head towards Trowell from Cossall, join the towpath at the car park for the canal and is it the first set of woods?
    I went for a run out on the hardtail today. Checked it out, it is Bluebell Woods.

If you aren't sure where it is drop me a PM and I'll link you google maps to it.
    I went to have a look today, and couldn't find the tracks... either I was in the wrong woods, looked in the wrong spots, or I'm blind. haha. The woods I went to were full of bluebells, so I'm assuming that was 'Bluebell Woods'. A PM with the position would be great!
    Mike, you should have a PM now.

As urbanAir said, it's between 2 sets of jumps and not looped
    cheers, gonna have a nose in the morning I think.
  • raddaysraddays Posts: 1
    Just to let everyone who is local to Nottingham, that there maybe be another pump track and dirt jumps (of sorts) built within easy riding of the city centre at the National Water Sports Centre, just off the river trent.

It's a slow process at the moment and there is no funding availabe too (for now) so it just hard graft is needed by enthusiastic bikers who want to get more terrain to ride and get involved.

The centre is looking for some form of club to be based there, so there is a structured setup.

If you are interested about getting involved and moving things forward then read more at:

http://www.raddays.com/
  • ilovedirtilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    raddays wrote:
    Just to let everyone who is local to Nottingham, that there maybe be another pump track and dirt jumps (of sorts) built within easy riding of the city centre at the National Water Sports Centre, just off the river trent.

It's a slow process at the moment and there is no funding availabe too (for now) so it just hard graft is needed by enthusiastic bikers who want to get more terrain to ride and get involved.

The centre is looking for some form of club to be based there, so there is a structured setup.

If you are interested about getting involved and moving things forward then read more at:

http://www.raddays.com/
    I don't live in notts anymore, but that's awesome news!!! My mum lives near there, shame i don't have my DJ bike anymore.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
    It's a great idea, but there is already a small pump track to the south of Nottingham, how about something for us who live in the north of Nottingham?