So who's going for a ride tonight?

RealMan
RealMan Posts: 2,166
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Going off for my usual Thursday night ride with the club, should be interesting to see how many people will use a voting excuse to get out of it..

Unless the ride finishes before 10, looks like I wont get to vote.

Anyone else? I can't be the only one who would rather ride then vote. :D

Comments

• RealMan wrote:
    So who's going for a ride tonight?

Depends what you mean by "ride". I shall be in one form or another.
    RealMan wrote:

Are you even old enough to vote?
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Nope :(

I'm at work. We write software to manage elections and tonight, well, theres an election on.

3am finish for me :(
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    Funny thing, if I'm not mistaken here in Portugal all votings take place at Sundays in order to let greatest amount of people vote during the day. :)

Not riding tonight though, injured knee is keeping me at home for a week! :cry:
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Nah...weather was crap am, so did 1hr 45min hard turbo, then a stretch.

Bloody Sun came out later...Doh! So did hours walk with Mrs/Dogs on almost deserted 5 mile beach/dunes and then voted in RNLI station.

Nice day off though...
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    well I rode home from work but thats about the size of it tonight :(

The missus is off out to work again so I'm babysitting (funny how when a woman minds the kid its just staying at home, but when the dad does it, it becomes babysitting...LOL) so there will be no biking for me tonight!

On the plus side, her shifts are changing to days so the long nights are looking more promising! :D
    It's been a while...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,768
    RealMan wrote:
    Err....given you get one chance to vote every 4-5 years but can ride whenever you have free time, don't you think it would be a good idea to cut short your ride tonight?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    The sensible man uses postal voting!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    just been... only for an hour though.. just a quick lap of my local. still setting up my new brakes and stuff..... i bled the rear last night and only nipped up the resevoir cap bolts, forgot to fully tighten... one big squeese today and fluid goes everywhere... gonna need bleeding again :(:lol:
    oh, and the back one wont stop rubbing, which is a pain... will work it out eventually
    ah well... will gat round to it tomorow.... by which time all the trails will be conveted from dusty perfection into mingin mud by the looks of the current rain.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cgarossi wrote:

I'm at work. We write software to manage elections and tonight, well, theres an election on.

Shouldn't you have finished writing the software by now?
  • cgarossi
    The sensible man uses postal voting!

I write the software to make sure you haven't done so fraudulently :)
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi wrote:

Shouldn't you have finished writing the software by now?

I'm supporting it and fixing issues that crop up. Was hectic this afternoon but all seems quiet now. Not sure if thats a good thing or not.
  • Anonymous
    well, write it properly then! :lol:
  • cgarossi
    :D

Despite many man hours of testing, theres always something that crops up. :)
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2010
    so... participate in the democratic process, decide who runs the country for the next five years, take up the birthright a lot of people down the centuries have died for, or go out for an evening ride. riding trumps a lot for me, but that may be a step too far.

as it happens, I voted this morning, and I will be spending the evening working out the frustration with people who disagree with me on politics by hitting people with swords. have fun!

(edit: I clearly can't remember which of 'to', 'too' or 'two' to use)
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    No ride for me im afriad :(

Cant you incorporate a 'voting' stop in your ride? Much like a cake stop, but err without the cake.... :)
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Fraudulently? The President of Nigeria has just unfortunately passed away...

Before he did, he left me the "secret" location of $30,000,000 of Gold Bullion.
    I cannot get this out of the country without your requested assistance, so...
    For your help with shipping/hiding this bullion, I will donate 30% to your account.

Please send me details of your personal account; Account Number and Sort Code etc,
    I will "instantly" transfer the 30% into your account/bank. ( Please don't tell anyone else...)

This is only offered to you, and you alone my Friend!
    I look forward to your reply.

General Jumbo Kinsella,
    Finance Section,
    Nigerian Department of Gold Bullion,
    Lagos, Nigeria, Africa.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Voted my post last week but going to get bevved up and watch it all night I think so can't be arsed to go for a ride.
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    Not tonight... bike is sitting with no cassette, no cranks, no chainrings, and no chain. Is that all the components which begin with 'c'? :P
  • Anonymous
    asdfhjkl wrote:
    Not tonight... bike is sitting with no cassette, no cranks, no chainrings, and no chain. Is that all the components which begin with 'c'? :P
    Apart from the silly c**t riding it :lol:
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    asdfhjkl wrote:
    Apart from the silly c**t riding it :lol:

:lol:

Now that you mention it, he's broken too :D