HTC-Colombia have withdrawn Mark Cavendish

songbird
songbird Posts: 60
edited May 2010 in Pro race
HTC-Colombia have withdrawn Mark Cavendish from the Tour de Romandie for making an obscene gesture following his stage two victory on Thursday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 652628.stm

I bet André Greipel will be smiling this morning.

Comments

• fastercyclist
    fastercyclist Posts: 396
    Hilarious :lol:

100% the right thing to do as well.

An expensive moment for him. I feel a bit sorry for him sometimes, doesn't seem to understand that to be respected you might want to act in a respectable manner. Try again next year I guess.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    This is the fourth thread about the same thing. Do we really need anymore?
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    That'll be cav at team sky next year then :wink:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I would say that this action was disproportionate to the level of the offence (but I am not his paymaster). However, it was 100% right that he apologise and get his wrist slapped.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    I'm sure he's gutted with 2 big mountain stages coming up

PR exercise in the extreme.............reckon Bingo was on way home no regardless of his hilarious celebration
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    cav will have wanted those race miles
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I agree with Dave 1. He needs to have a few races over lumps under his belt if he is going to go all the way to Paris in green this year. His prep with the Giro last year was good. He was able to stay the course well. He's not doing the Giro this year and I don't know enough about the Tour of Cali to say whether it will be as good prep.

Having not raced through illness and now not completing a week's stage race, as a fan, I'm worried that he isn't going to be ready for July.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I agree with Dave 1. He needs to have a few races over lumps under his belt if he is going to go all the way to Paris in green this year. His prep with the Giro last year was good. He was able to stay the course well. He's not doing the Giro this year and I don't know enough about the Tour of Cali to say whether it will be as good prep.

Having not raced through illness and now not completing a week's stage race, as a fan, I'm worried that he isn't going to be ready for July.

Cav fininished way down in Flanders, complained he did not want to quit the Giro and TDF,,,will be interesting to see what Cav will say ,and Sky, to this decision today
    I think it better he is away from Zabel and Aldag.