One computer, two bikes.

Biffz0id
Biffz0id Posts: 123
edited May 2010 in Road beginners
Alright guys, need abit of advice. Basically, I converted my watch to a cycle computer by buying the garmin adon. That was all very well and good until I got a new bike. Now, I could just get an additional speed/cadence sensor but that would leave me with the problem of having to pair it everytime I decided to use the other bike. And in turn it would mean it would unpair my footpod that I use for running. So what would you do? Just buying a spare pair of magnets would be a simple solution and just keep changing over the sensor. But this means I'd just be going through endless cable ties.

I don't really wanna have to get a whole new computer as I like to record my data and that's one thing that my garmin lets me do.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Do you have different profiles on your watch/garmin thingy? If so set them up for the diferent bikes. Pair with one bike using one profile and the other with the otehr profile if you can.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Biffz0id
    Biffz0id Posts: 123
    Ah man, that's what I feared. As I've got the entry level forerunner it only has one profile. Bugger.
  • paul.k
    paul.k Posts: 90
    what happened to just getting on a bike and riding it ,sod the stats just enjoy the ride .
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I'm not sure about Garmin set ups but with Cateye stuff you can buy a whole bottom kit for the computer, i.e. you can get magnets, sensor, wires, computer mount and attach that all to the second bike and then just move the actual computer over each time. The cateye setup for this isn't very pricey but not sure what Garmin version is like, or if they offer it.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    My Garmin Edge 205 that I got 3 years came with two brackets. Luckily I kept the other one so I fitted it to my new bike I bought last month. I now just put the Garmin on whichever bike I decide to ride. As it's a Garmin there is no need for sensors, magnets etc. I have not even thought about separate profiles - I just record the mains stats on a spreadsheet and note which bike it was.