Hope Pro3 Hub - how to remove QR adapter

scoob113
scoob113 Posts: 80
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi - anyone know how to remove the QR adapter from a Hope Pro3 hub - it appears it's different to the Pro2 hub but I could be wrong.

Wanting to put the 15QR adapter in but can't get the std QR out !!

Comments

• Clamp the metal part in a vice or similar and gently wiggle it about. It just pops off (eventually). Same method both sides but the adapters are different on either side.
  • scoob113
    Thanks for that - at least i know now ...

So from a Hope product point of view - now I'm worried. So they're seling a £200 wheel that come with an adapter, but needs brute force and a vice to swap the adapters across.

Shame I don't have the vice option.
    There does seem to be an allen key shaped bit inside the QR on both sides. Can it be popped off by unscrewing ?
  • scoob113
    The answer:

Pro3 (Pro III) QR adapters are indeed screwed together - so there's a full internal tube, threaded at one end. So to remove them you need to unscrew the two pieces.
    This is done by inserting a rigid Allen key (part of a cheap multi tool may flex things too much) in both sides - there is an Allen key insert on the outsode of each mount.
    Apply loads of force and the screw fitting will pop - looks like it might be glued together to begin eith,

Then it's easy enough to insert the new 15QR adapters and off you go :-)))