Boardman XL frames

cavenaghi
cavenaghi Posts: 19
edited May 2010 in Road beginners
Hey,

Anyone have an XL frame? I'm 6ft3 but I am unsure if it will fit ok. Phoned all the Halfords around me and they won't order one in to try (I am after the 1k version).

Anyone have one in XL? If so, how is the sizing?

Cheers

Comments

• peanut1978
    peanut1978 Posts: 1,031
    it wil be fine I would think.

Sloping geometry means that it is same as "bigger" horizontal framed bike.
  • rich164h
    rich164h Posts: 433
    I'm also 6'3" (34" inside leg) and the XL fitted me fine. The only reason why I didn't get one was that my employer wouldn't go with Halfords for the C2W supplier. Othewise I woud have bought one there and then.
  • joosed
    joosed Posts: 24
    I'm 6'2" and I have the Boardman Comp XL - no problems fittingwise. I believe it is a 57.5cm frame. It should fit you fine. The stem is quite a long one, it took me a bit of time getting used to the stretch but it became comfortable after a short time.
  • I'm 6'4 and have an XL and it's fine. Just had to turn the handlebar stem over to give me so more height in the bars, but otherwise, it's a fantastic fit.
    Where are you, I'll let you come and try mine if your in Kent.
    Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
    Boardman MTB Team
  • ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    6' 3.5", 34 inch inside leg, XL frame, in Kent too.
  • jonbob78
    jonbob78 Posts: 70
    I'm 6'5" and have an XL. Frame should be fine for you, however as per previous posts - the stem it pretty long and has given my back some greif - all sorted now though.

The 'bike fit' from Halfords was genius.......the fella behind the counter stood on his tiptoes to get a better look at me from behind the counter........'yep and XL will do you fine!!'
  • cavenaghi wrote:
    Hey,

Anyone have an XL frame? I'm 6ft3 but I am unsure if it will fit ok. Phoned all the Halfords around me and they won't order one in to try (I am after the 1k version).

Anyone have one in XL? If so, how is the sizing?

Cheers

How about refusing to buy one unless they get a bike in the right size in? Did they have a sizing chart? It really amazes me that people will still give these idiots their hard earned cash when they offer no form of fitting whatsoever.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • cavenaghi
    Finally found a store willing to order one in. Going to try one out this week.

Cheers for the answers.
  • cavenaghi
    I'm 6'4 and have an XL and it's fine. Just had to turn the handlebar stem over to give me so more height in the bars, but otherwise, it's a fantastic fit.
    Where are you, I'll let you come and try mine if your in Kent.

Sorry, only just noticed this. Thanks for the offer, but i've ordered one today - if it doesn't fit I can always return it.

Cheers for the answers.