Saracen Ariel 3 (2007) pivot bolts

swanyofrug
swanyofrug Posts: 9
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

This is my first post and am hoping someone will have the answer to help me. On a recent ride i had a pivot bolt (i think thats what they are called) fall out of my Saracen Ariel 3 (2007 model). This left my bike unrideable and 7 miles from home. Now the problem is i cannot source a replacement bolt anywhere, i have been to my local cycle shops, e-mailed saracen and BETD, but have had no replies, so unless i can come up with a solution i am stuffed, and i Live in Rugeley with Cannock chase just on my doorstep and the new phase 2 just opened!!!.

I've uploaded a picture to photobucket to give you an idea of what i am on about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae40 ... C00711.jpg

Thanks.

Swany

Comments

• mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Madison might be able to help.
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    mrfmilo wrote:
    Madison might be able to help.
    i doubt it. when i rang madison about saracen issues, they said they had no stock of anything from before they took over. they essentially just bought the name.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Tbh I think his only two options are Saracen or Madison :lol: Try giving them a call?
  • Yeah i have already e-mailed them both without reply. Looks like i could be stuffed :(
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Locktight and check them before each ride ;-
  • mister p
    mister p Posts: 405
    hounslow wrote:
    i doubt it. when i rang madison about saracen issues, they said they had no stock of anything from before they took over. they essentially just bought the name.

This man is correct. Madison didn't get any spares from the previous Saracen, they literally bought the name.