Bike Computer - Under £40

bdigital
bdigital Posts: 193
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
I am looking into getting a bike computer - This is mainly to record the distance that i ride each time.

I suppose the core feature i am after are:

- Speed (Max, average etc)
- Distance
- Time taken
- Durable
- Reliable

Im sure there are a few other features that would be useful, but i say the ones listed above are the critical ones.

Does anyone have any recommendations in the under £40 bracket? (or perhaps slightly over if you think its really worth the spend)

Comments

• just from personal experience, id avoid the wireless ones, i used to work at halfords, and had nothing but trouble with the signal being interrupted.

we did used to sell some 12 funtion wired ones, i think they had all the functions you wanted, and im sure they used to be under £20
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I have two computers.A Catye micro wireless and a wired Sigma 1606.No problems with either in 3 years.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • scotto
    scotto Posts: 381
    trek do a good one for about £20, wired, had nothing but trouble with the wireless ones even when they worked to start with.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    CATECOMP335_1_large.jpg

On sale for about £30 from Ribble.
  • RockingDad
    RockingDad Posts: 239
    I've got this one:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165741

Yes it is from Halfords but it has loads of functions, I have never had a problem loosing the signal, set up and installation was easy and it is waterproof, getting caught in a massive downpour the day after I fitted it tested that one out.

And it's white so matches my bike but they also do it in black.

RD
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • bdigital
    bdigital Posts: 193
    thanks for the info so far - It looks like its between the Bike Hut one, or the Cat eye.

Il do some more digging into these two, but any more opinion would be greatly appreciated.