2011 predictions

2»

Comments

• ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    People actually read the stickies, do some searches (or both) and don't continue to post repeated threads about:

What tyres?
    What bike?
    What pedals?
    What GPS?

Sorry...this is about predictions not wishful thinking.
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    oooo I know something that will happen in 2011!!

Orange will make a "new" 5.... but it will be exactly the same as this year, a bit pricier and will win the MBR bike of the year award :lol:
    hmm, definately!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    also specialized will make a radical advance in sus technology! their next enduro will be a rouabix road bike with a flattening and paving machine on the front, so that the trail is always smooth, infact, so that its basicly a road, then it will be deemed amazing, and will become a fad among the sheepsteeth's of this world and then everyone will realise that MTB is now just boring old road riding and but ridgid siglespeeds to "feel" the trail, then evryone will realise they have become "hip" fixie riders then all the fixies will want to get away from society and will start this new thing called "MTB" and then one of them will start a brand called specialized and make a bike called the stumjumper, then 22 years later (or however long it is since they started making mtb's) they will bring out a new enduro with a steam roller and a ......

and it will all start again.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    The Tories will win the election and funding for any new public funded trails or centres will be zero for 5 years and existing ones will struggle to survive and have to seak funding from the private sector.

SRAM and Shimano will drop all 9sp 'high end' group sets, and I'll get a new 9sp X9 set-up for both bikes on the cheap. Within months certain forum Members will get all high and mighty about using 'old' 9 speed systems in a simular vain to the steel frame / rigid bike / canti braked / 8 speed members do now, No one will listen to them.

Peaty will have a so-so season as he always has done in the past after a great one.

The Athertons will come back in full effect and do very well, apart from Dan who, as ever will try to do too much (DH, 4X & BMX) and struggle. Be good if he gets into London 2012 though.

New Avid Code's will be great and the new 'must have' DH stoppers.

The £ will start to come back, prices will fall and specs go up.
  • scotto
    scotto Posts: 381
    After hung parliament pound dives against the euro and the dollar like you wouldn't believe and 2010 prices seem extremely cheap.

Bike snobbery,jealousy, overbikyness and ageism based posts will increase by another 200% on certain forums, bike shops in reaction to this will give a free mirror with every bike so certain posters can spend more time looking at themselves than riding.

Tesco buy halfords and become the biggest bike manufacturer in the uk with their value xc range.
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    supersonic wrote:
    Trek pretty much have done this though with the ABP. The axle paths are nigh on identical.

This works with having the brake caliper on the four bar bit. Specialized only invented the FSR to improve braking - and whether you can feel it or not is another thing lol.

i mean as in getting rid of the verticaly mounted shock with rocker type and going to shock inlie with seat stays type.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    at some point 29ers will turn too mainstream, so the people who rode them to stand out will find some new standard- mixed wheel sizes, I suspect
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    at some point 29ers will turn too mainstream, so the people who rode them to stand out will find some new standard- mixed wheel sizes, I suspect

650b

or

frostbike36er%20011.jpg

Hip flask and beard compulsory.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    and will become a fad among the sheepsteeth's of this world

and what exactly are the sheepsteeths of the world?
  • Dalby Forest will be voted best MTB World Cup venue ever?!