Upgrading from 24 to 27 gears

noidea
noidea Posts: 623
edited April 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, This is my first post on the forum in a good couple of years!

I have a Giant Terrago with a cheapo 24 gear setup and want to upgrade to a smoother 27 speed setup.

I have recently been given a brand new 9 speed chain and cassette:

Shimano HG93 Ultegra/Deore XT 9 speed chain
Shimano XT Cassette M760 9 SPEED 11-34T

And I correct in thinking that all I need to buy is a pair of 27 speed shifter pods and a 9 speed rear mech? To keep costs down I would rather keep the existing cables, front mech, cranks and BB as they still have plenty of life in them.

Cheers guys :o
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by king andrew the 1st</i>

im currently sitting in front of my pc spinning away on my brothers signature edition
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    just the right hand (rear) shifter. and cables. (inner comes with the shifter normally).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • noidea
    noidea Posts: 623
    Woah, quick reply! Ah even cheaper than I thought then, thanks Nick!
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by king andrew the 1st</i>

im currently sitting in front of my pc spinning away on my brothers signature edition
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">