Kinesis Maxlight XC2

Craig321
Craig321 Posts: 169
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi

Well, the Dirty Jo that has been paid for already is out of stock, only expected to be back in stock within a few months. My only other choice is the tripple butted f-creme, but I really don't think that's going to go with my RockShox Tora 318. My other choice was the red Dirty Jo semi-creme... I think not :P

I've heard a lot of good things about the Kinesis Maxlight XC2, however what am I actually getting for the extra £120? It's roughly the same weight as the f-creme and to be honest does look a fair bit nicer, but what actually justifies the extra £120? Strength? Handling? Speed?

Probably all of the above, but I'd like to hear some comments please :)

Am open to suggestions if you can recommend something better for £220 or under.

Also, any pics of Maxlight XC2 based bikes would be brilliant.

Thanks
Craig.

[Edit]
Argh this sucks, I'm sitting next to pretty much my entire bike and I have no bloody frame!!

Comments

• JAKBLADE
    JAKBLADE Posts: 336
    i was looking for a frame in and around the same price range and ended up with an On-one Inbred...Looks good in a metalflake white but can't tell you any more than that yet as I have nee finished building it up yet....I too heard good reports of the XC2 but it was a bit out of my price range
    Project Finished....On-one Inbred..
    Specialized Hardrock A1 Comp FS(1999-2000)
    Carrera Subway 2 (for work)
    Hoffman BMX (please don't hold this one against me!!)
  • Craig321
    Craig321 Posts: 169
    JAKBLADE wrote:
    i was looking for a frame in and around the same price range and ended up with an On-one Inbred...Looks good in a metalflake white but can't tell you any more than that yet as I have nee finished building it up yet....I too heard good reports of the XC2 but it was a bit out of my price range

Quite nice. What price am I looking at for one of them? And where can I buy one. Can't find it on the on-one site :/
  • JAKBLADE
    JAKBLADE Posts: 336
    On-One Inbred Frame
    Size : 18 inch
    Colour : White 3 in stock £149.99

this is on the On-one site, Just look under frames, mountain bike frames, Inbred frames and scroll down to the buying options, i got the 20" frame but I'm 6'1"....
    I would put a link on but don't know how to.......sorry..[/url]
    Project Finished....On-one Inbred..
    Specialized Hardrock A1 Comp FS(1999-2000)
    Carrera Subway 2 (for work)
    Hoffman BMX (please don't hold this one against me!!)
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    The Maxlight XC2 is absolutely lovely - one of my mates had one until recently and even though it was a bit big for me, I really liked it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it had that fast out the blocks feel of a good aluminium frame, with a little bit of the springiness of a nice Tange/Reynolds steel frame too - probably down to the carbon stays. I absolutely loved it. Definitely recommended - think you'll be able to build a fantastic and very fun bike out of one.....