Handsomedog xc-03

R.lepecha
R.lepecha Posts: 67
edited April 2010 in MTB general
hi,

i bought one of these frames at the end of august last year and within 3 months it had cracked around where the top tube welds to the headtube. i took it back and got a replacement, and now this one has done it in a simmilar place. i aren't going to say never buy one as i may have got 2 out of a bad lot as when i got this replacement it looked slightly cracked but i wasnt sure if it was just the powder coating.

but has any one else had a problem with any of the all terrain cycles frames? as i am a very light rider at about 60kg and about 6ft. so i cant understand why these frames i have had have cracked when i've never known of other people cracking them even though there heavier riders. plus they seem realy well built for the money so im confused.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How were you riding it? Just for XC, or harder stuff?
  • R.lepecha
    like maximum ive done is like a foot and a half drop.
  • A friend had the same frame it was built up as a ridgid singlespeed he used it for around 2 1/2 years 1-2 a week (epping forest) had no probs.. He then gave it to me i put a 42 tooth chain ring on it and slicks and my wife used it for a further 2 years commuting everyday. She only had to get rid of it when she was wiped out buy a motorcycle one morning...She liked the frame so much i purchased another one and that has been going strong for around 16 months :D
  • R.lepecha
    must be just me then, must have got bad ones.
  • Yeah sounds really odd as i have never heard a bad thing about the xc03 and have seen plenty of people riding them.Could just be a batch problem as said before imy wife has owned one of the very first ones and one of the last one to be made and they dont look like they have had any manufacturing changes..What has all terrain said regarding the second frame????
  • R.lepecha
    we are waiting on a reply email regarding the second frame. my dad emailed them on tuesday with pictures.