Really disappointing online shop

twazzer
twazzer Posts: 2
edited April 2010 in MTB buying advice
I've bought stuff from a few online retailers before without any problems but i've just recieved an order from Chain Reaction for a new set of tires which won't fit my bike.I would like some feedback to find out- is it me or them who is wrong.

The problem is that Chain Reaction are saying that everyone knows that LUST (Lightweight Ultimate Sidewall Technology) means 'tubeless', i was completely unaware of this and said they should have stated this on the product webpage. So basically they won't give me a full refund.

Maybe i am being totaly 'bike ignorant' (although i do about 95% of my own servicing/repairs) what do you recon?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They fit any rims, tubeless or not.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    That aside, you have the right to return them (in the condition you got them) within 7 days and be credited with a full refund if bought online.

and you spell tire - tyre and recon - reckon.
  • That aside, you have the right to return them (in the condition you got them) within 7 days and be credited with a full refund if bought online.

Spot the pedant :wink:
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    The tyres will be fine (unless of course you have 29 inch wheels and bought 26 inch tyres or whatever) - although some UST tyres can be more difficult to fit, they will go on there eventually. And are fine with inner tubes, as it sounds thats like what you are currently using.
  • blister pus
    That aside, you have the right to return them (in the condition you got them) within 7 days and be credited with a full refund if bought online.

not pedant just sick of seeing tyre mis-spelt in the forums and I thought well why not while I'm here for the other one .
  • Why won't they fit?
  • That aside, you have the right to return them (in the condition you got them) within 7 days and be credited with a full refund if bought online.

not pedant just sick of seeing tyre misspelt in the forums and I thought well why not while I'm here for the other one .
    Touchy too :lol: I would've done it if you hadn't!

It seems like, for some, English is a second language! *not directed at op*
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    You bought the wrong thing, and you want to blame it on someone else? I'm no where near a CRC fan, but still.
  • Yea i've sent loads back to CRC without a problem.

Methinky we no being told everyfinky.
  • I have those tyres and they fit any rim, just better on a UST rim. Had them fitted to crossrides and Mavic XM819

They are a tight fit but unless you are fitting them to 700c/39" wheels they will go on.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • blister pus
    I bought the wrong thing from CRC before and returned it and been refunded in full. Twice now as it happens, makes no difference who's fault it is. But there's more to the story thas for sure.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    OP has done a runner... :lol:
  • how does the search/feed thing work on the net? How many timer do I have to write "Chain Reaction Cycles" before they pick it up and reply to the OP? :lol:

Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles
    Chain Reaction Cycles

i'm a child :lol::lol::lol: :twisted:

Chain Reaction Cycles
  • supermonkey
    supermonkey Posts: 315
    Blame's got nothing to do with it.

If you don't want them and it was less that 7 working days ago then send them back. They have to refund you the full amount including any postage you paid.

Before someone says "no they don't", yes they do. They also have to reimburse you for your return postage unless they informed you that they wouldn't before you purchased.
  • SuperMonkey
    not if they're fitted/damaged because the OP bought the incorrect tyres they don't!

We don't know enough to know... its a conspiracy!
    I think it has something to do with the Volcano!
  • supermonkey
    supermonkey Posts: 315
    Damaged at the hands of the OP then no. Damaged in transit etc then yes.

Fitted doesn't necessarily mean no refund either as long as they can be taken off again without damage. Don't even really have to return them in their original packaging.
  • like I said... we don't know enough!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    it seems abit wierd that in the last week or so, a few newbies have joined and have instantly started ranting about something and saying "never us this shop" or "dont buy this bike"......... might just be coincidence of course, but odd none the less :lol:
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    lawman wrote:
    it seems abit wierd that in the last week or so, a few newbies have joined and have instantly started ranting about something and saying "never us this shop" or "dont buy this bike"......... might just be coincidence of course, but odd none the less :lol:

I was thinking the same when I read this, must be the sun that's brought them out. :)
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • saracen fan
    saracen fan Posts: 389
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    SuperMonkey
    not if they're fitted/damaged because the OP bought the incorrect tyres they don't!

We don't know enough to know... its a conspiracy!
    I think it has something to do with the Volcano!

LOL :lol:

whats the difference between the volcano in iceland and cheryl cole?

the volcano is still blowing ash.
    Unlike my credit card im currently carrying a low level of interest- Peter Griffin

Saracen Trace 1
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    not pedant just sick of seeing tyre mis-spelt in the forums and I thought well why not while I'm here for the other one .

Could be from the US, where tire is the correct spelling (seems unlikely). Yes, it is that awful.
  • blister pus
    GHill wrote:

Could be from the US, where tire is the correct spelling (seems unlikely). Yes, it is that awful.

funny, I've watched it sneak into the forums here around the time the big retailers started pulling their tyre information directly from the US sites. You can see cultural erosion in action here. :P
  • breaks is one that annoys me... as is brought....

"i've brought some new breaks"... arrghhhhh!
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    breaks is one that annoys me... as is brought....

"i've brought some new breaks"... arrghhhhh!

Yeah, brakes my heart.
  • RealMan
    :lol:
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546

pedant, potentially.

You must take into account that a lot of people on there forums are learning English and appreciate the assistance/corrections.

For example the speling of tyre points the user as a Yank, therefore English is a second language, and any assistance should be offered.

Don't look down on their people, Yanks can't help their genetic inferiority, ignorance or penchant for feeding.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • RealMan
    cavegiant wrote:
    Don't look down on their people, Yanks can't help their genetic inferiority, ignorance or penchant for feeding.

:lol:

I bet riding with some of you guys is a right laugh :D