Ever get the feeling that things are going slighty too well

mickedwards61
mickedwards61 Posts: 175
edited April 2010 in MTB general
I currently have this feeling, woke up this morning expecting to wait around all day for my new frame to turn up, but it turned up just after 9am!

Phoned the LBS to see if they could fit the bottom bracket, cranks and headet, "Yep no problem bring it down, we'll get done for you by the afternoon", so just waiting for that to be done, only charging my £15 which I thought was cheap!

So just waiting for the postie to turn with the front mech and seatpost, and the LBS to call.

You just know something is going to go wrong somewhere along the line!!

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    1000x800px-LL-Trek%20fuel%20EX9%20cracked%20top%20tube%20005.JPG
  • :shock: I bloody hope not!
  • RealMan
    I can just see you answering the phone call from your LBS now..

"IS IT OK TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IS IT OK IS IT OK??!?!?"

I feel so cruel. :D
  • I'm laughing about it now, but if it actually happened I would be a broken man :oops:
  • RealMan
    +1
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    What? The classic, 'It's quiet, tooooo quiet' moment?
  • RealMan
    I had that moment last night actually, riding through a bit of woods on my way home from a ride, a bat almost flew into my face - scared the crap out of me. Then I realized how dark it was, how alone I was, and how quiet it was.. too quiet..

:D
  • I was having the same kind of day a couple of yrs ago. 2 weeks to go before a trip to the Alps. Called my LBS to get my then ride Spesh Enduro serviced prior to it getting hammered in Morzine. "No probs bring it down - be ready for you tomorrow". "Nice One" I thought. They called me that night to say it'd been nicked!!!

I'm sure yours'll be fine :twisted:
    Yeti 575 carbon
    RMB Vertex RSL
    Bianchi Rita 29er SS
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Yeah, plodding down Penhydd in blissful sunshine last summer, 6 days before Morzine, good day out.

But it was quiet........ too quiet.

4 hours later I'm in theater having all manor of metalwork fitted and was out for 8 months.

But I'm sure you'll be fine....... :twisted:
  • mickedwards61
    mickedwards61 Posts: 175
    edited April 2010
    I should change the title of these thread to

"Ever get the feeling you shouldn't of posted on Bike Radar as now you're expecting the worst!!"
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i onnce took my bike to have the bb changed

later on i thought its quiet

a little too quiet

popped in to pick the bike up and the threads had come out with the bb shell

But i'm sure you'll be fine...... :twisted:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    be prepared not paranoid :wink:
  • RealMan
    Just because you think the monkeys at the bike shop are dropping hammers on your frame, doesn't mean they aren't..
  • furby
    furby Posts: 200
    your day is going far to well, something has to spoil it! :P
  • Well despite all your "kind" words, it has come back and all is well!! In the process of finishing the build, i'm sure something will go wrong there :oops:
  • RealMan
    nuclear-explosion.jpg