HELP.. trouble printing or finding route maps for the peaks?

drewcole81
drewcole81 Posts: 528
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Hi all,

I have found this site: http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/1-the-peak-district.html But can't seem to print off the route maps as it tells me the 'operation is aborted'..

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some route maps to print off, we're staying in the hop valley area.

thanks

Drew.
....DaZeD aNd CoNfUsEd....

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Do you have a gps?If so i can send you GPX files or if you let me know what routes you fancy and i'll sort them out as PDFs so you can read/print them.
  • Go and buy a map and guide book.
  • SummerMS
    SummerMS Posts: 5
    I had the same problem, if its not fixed by now your browser is too old apparently...
  • drewcole81
    Go and buy a map and guide book.

Yeah thanks for that... very helpful...
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    drewcole81 wrote:

Actually, buying a map (something like the 1:25,000 scale Ordnance Survey Explorer Map: The Peak District) from wherever is your first port of call. Your second is learning to read it properly. Along with taking ibbo68's kind offer up should cover you nicely.
  • drewcole81
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Do you have a gps?If so i can send you GPX files or if you let me know what routes you fancy and i'll sort them out as PDFs so you can read/print them.

I do have my satnav but I wouldn't want to really use that as it was built out of granit in the stone age so isn't the best, although it does have the settings to map cycle routes.

Not having been there before I'm not really sure what routes there are, i'm staying here http://www.twitchill.co.uk/The-Cottages/I2.htm which I've been told there are some good routes close by?

Thank you for your offer :)
  • drewcole81
    drewcole81 wrote:

Actually, buying a map (something like the 1:25,000 scale Ordnance Survey Explorer Map: The Peak District) from wherever is your first port of call. Your second is learning to read it properly. Along with taking ibbo68's kind offer up should cover you nicely.

I was going to pick up an OS map anyway to keep in the pack, reading on of them isn't a problem :wink:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    drewcole81 wrote:
    I was going to pick up an OS map anyway to keep in the pack, reading on of them isn't a problem :wink:

Well that's a Brucie bonus then. You'd be amazed the amount of people who can't and still go out natural riding.
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    White Peak Mountain Biking and Dark Peak Mountain Biking guide books are an excellent way of finding your way around the Peaks.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Deff buy a map of the area you are staying in - the bonus is that you will then be able to plan additional rides for an alternative trip without the hassle of having to find one to print out all the time!
  • drewcole81
    I've been looking at the Black and White Peaks books so will pick them up next week and take a gander.

Thanks chaps.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Drewcole where you are staying is not a million miles away from Ashton where you can start a fantastic ride around winn hill incorporating lady bower resevoir, "the Beast" and other superb riding without needing the car. There's a route planned out for you in the " slow rides for unfit people...." thread in the Rides section. It's in the early pages of that posting just read/scan through the first few pages to find it.
    Good riding :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg